“I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Keizershof

Hotel Keizershof
Ranked #124 of 363 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reno, Nevada
“I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

This is my first review ever that's how great this place is! I've been using Tripadvisor for years but never wrote reviews - let me tell you I just had to for this place! Ernst and Anike were the best host a solo traveler could ask for. I was there for 5 nights - April 18 thru April 23, 2014. I felt safe and well taken care of. This hotel had the best location for me (widow - solo - 49) right in the middle - one side the party life - the other side nice and quiet with low key things to do. Yes, the spiral staircase was a challenge but at the end of my trip, my thighs were looking good! The rooms were clean, I had a single facing the canal, and had everything I needed for my stay. I did share a bathroom with other guests (full occupancy when I stayed) but never did I have to wait or at any time were the bathrooms unkept. And the breakfasts were the full spread - Ernst's omelettes were yummy. Never left hungry and I made use of the included breakfast - they kept me going until my evening meal. For me, as a solo traveler, I really loved being able to converse with the other travelers and the hosts every morning - made my trip even more special. They were always eager to share and gave great advice! I finished the rest of my European excursion (Germany) wanting to go back to Amsterdam and Hotel Keizershof!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Modegirl65

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Tavistock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

We stayed for four nights: well situated for the tourist sights and access to transport but tucked away on a quiet canal with a wide choice of restaurants close by. The family make all their guests very welcome, and go out of their way to accommodate your needs. Comfortable, cheerful, clean, and full of character. Strongly recommended.

Room Tip: Stairs are typically Amsterdam - steep.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alan j
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

The owners of the place are amazing people. Very welcome and helpful. The room was bigger than I expected with all the amenities needed. The best of my stay there was the omelet I had for breakfast. I will never forget it. I will definitely go back there!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Edis M
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my mother from the 2ND of April until the 6th. I was in the room Marlene Dietrich, and my mother was in the lovely room r'tjofe (or something like that), which had a Delft fireplace saying to 1627... Perfect for my mother! Yes, the location is perfect, 10 minutes to the rijksmuseum or liendensplein, or even dam square, 5 minutes to the flower markets, and around 20 minutes walk to centraal station - although there is a tram just two minutes away. The amenities were fine, and the breakfast very good, but what makes this place is the family who run it... You couldn't wish for nicer, more friendly, helpful and genuinely kind people than Ernest, his sister and his mother. I've travelled far and wide, but I would choose this pace over any five star hotel. We enjoyed ourselves there so much, we went out and got them a plant for the garden and a bottle of wine to say thanks. Never done that before! I'd recommend this place to anyone. Thanks guys!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Lucis216
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Had seen positive reviews on here and we were certainly not disappointed. Comfortable and clean (Rita Hayworth room). People very friendly and attentive to your needs. Excellent breakfast, particularly Ernest's omlette !!

Location spot on, at the heart of everything and nice setting overlooking the canal.

Would definately stay here again - fabulous !

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Not even trip advisor can give the inside scoop like the delightful family owned and operated B&B. Location is amazing and the view from my room was incredible. Absolutely can not go wrong if you stay here; no brainer. Rooms are large, tv (why would you need one?), comfortable beds, and the breakfast; wish that I had a dutch omelet now. Having a big breakfast saves a bunch of money each day. Rent a bike for the week and get an annual museum pass. Plus fresh home backed bread!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Brent V
san jose
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

If you can manage the stairs to the top floor, then it is a really nice place to stay. It's family run and homely, nothing fancy but again it's a B&B. Everyone I met was very helpful and friendly. The price is super reasonable for Amsterdam given breakfast is included (yes, omelet on request as well). It's at a very convenient location, within walking distance to many restaurants and various attractions.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo