Was really looking forward to staying in the quirky looking loft room with our 2 kids & to celebrate my wife's birthday. Be warned as they stuck us in 'their other loft room'...you know, the one that isn't in the loft and doesn't have the balcony mentioned in our booking. No apologies at all - just tough luck! On top of that there were a pair of doors either below or in the neighbouring house that slammed over 50 times...always last thing at night or first thing in the morning. They clearly have never slept in their own rooms. If it was my place, I would pay to fix the doors whoever they belonged to. Our utter disappointment could have been managed if someone in charge had bothered to speak to us or apologise or better still sort the issues. Shame because Amsterdam is a wonderful city (even in the drizzle). Let's see if the Chic & Basic owners ever get in contact.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Max Brown is situated in three monumental canal houses with an amazing 300-year old façade, at the corner of Amsterdam's most famous canals: the Herengracht & the Brouwersgracht. You’re in the Urban center from the moment you walk in and collect your room key from the crew behind the impressive bar. You can choose to go straight up to your cosy room or to hangout in Max Brown's Social Space for a while ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Max Brown Hotel Canal District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chic & Basic Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Chic And Basic Amsterdam
- Chic Basic Hotel Amsterdam