We arrived on Friday and were greeted by friendly, helpful staff. Our room was 004. Small but perfect for a city stay as we spent hardly any time in our room. The shower room was small but again fine for our needs . Storage space is minimal .This room is on the ground floor and accessed by going out through an open area but a very small distance so again not a problem and I was grateful not to have to negotiate the steep stairs . The beds and pillows very fab. Location is perfect on the canal and only a 5 min walk to the train station and lovely bars and restaurants also Dam square and the Anne Frank house .Breakfast was certainly basic and very disappointing but free tea and coffee is available all day. The staff were excellent during our stay recommending places to eat , helping with transport arrangements etc. This is good value , clean modern, accomodation in an excellent location at a reasonable price in an expensive city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Max Brown is situated in three monumental Amsterdam canal houses with an amazing 300-year old facade, at the corner of Amsterdam most famous canals, the Herengracht & the Brouwersgracht. You’re in Hipsterdam the moment you check-in when you pick up your key from the guy or girl behind the impressive bar. You can choose to go straight up to your cosy room or to take a seat at the living room bar. Or at one of the comfy tables, chairs and sofa to gather around with a drink and some delicious bar bites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Max Brown Hotel Canal District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chic And Basic Amsterdam
- Chic & Basic Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Chic Basic Hotel Amsterdam