We stayed for 3 nights over Easter. The hotel is in a lovely location. The room was clean, with a very comfy bed and the room was cleaned well everyday. It was also decorated nicely with a few quirky light fittings and furniture.The room was very small and the TV didn't work, some of the fixtures (sink & shower) were a bit rickety and weren't fitted very well to the wall. The bathroom was a tiny black wet room with no windows. The common parts of the hotel are also a bit shabby. Whilst it could do with a little spruce up in places, it's still a nice little hotel and I would recommend it for the location alone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Max Brown is situated in three monumental canal houses with an amazing 300-year old façade, at the corner of Amsterdam's most famous canals: the Herengracht & the Brouwersgracht. You’re in the Urban center from the moment you walk in and collect your room key from the crew behind the impressive bar. You can choose to go straight up to your cosy room or to hangout in Max Brown's Social Space for a while ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Max Brown Hotel Canal District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chic & Basic Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Chic And Basic Amsterdam
- Chic Basic Hotel Amsterdam