Hotel currently having renovations so reception in a temporary location. Access to the rooms also not in the usual place. Due to renovations advertised light breakfast with tea and coffee not available. No discount though.
As already pointed out by other reviews, the staircases are very steep. Ok for younger fit people. We got room 209 which was up 3 flights of stairs. Room was nice but small but location was excellent. TV in room had reception problems. Shower room functional.
Upon checking out it would appear they had over booked again as a couple were discussing alternative hotels. Can't be certain of this but looking at previous reviews it something this hotel does.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Max Brown is situated in three monumental Amsterdam canal houses with an amazing 300-year old facade, at the corner of Amsterdam most famous canals, the Herengracht & the Brouwersgracht. You’re in Hipsterdam the moment you check-in when you pick up your key from the guy or girl behind the impressive bar. You can choose to go straight up to your cosy room or to take a seat at the living room bar. Or at one of the comfy tables, chairs and sofa to gather around with a drink and some delicious bar bites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Max Brown Hotel Canal District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chic And Basic Amsterdam
- Chic & Basic Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Chic Basic Hotel Amsterdam