Hotel currently having renovations so reception in a temporary location. Access to the rooms also not in the usual place. Due to renovations advertised light breakfast with tea and coffee not available. No discount though.
As already pointed out by other reviews, the staircases are very steep. Ok for younger fit people. We got room 209 which was up 3 flights of stairs. Room was nice but small but location was excellent. TV in room had reception problems. Shower room functional.
Upon checking out it would appear they had over booked again as a couple were discussing alternative hotels. Can't be certain of this but looking at previous reviews it something this hotel does.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Max Brown Canal District is situated in three monumental Amsterdam canal houses with an amazing 300-year old facade, at the corner of Amsterdam’s most famous canals, the Herengracht & the Brouwersgracht. The three canal houses in which Max Brown is located have seen a great amount of different owners and users over the three centuries of their existence. Now it’s time for our guests of Max Brown to call these beautiful canal houses their home away from home in Amsterdam. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Max Brown Hotel Canal District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chic And Basic Amsterdam
- Chic & Basic Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Chic Basic Hotel Amsterdam