We loved the hotel!
I booked a "vintage" room and I was a bit “worried" ‘cause on the website the specify that are smaller and with a really simply decoration, but the truth is that the room was just great, the decoration was the same seen in the pics gallery and it had a normal size: neither too large nor too small. If I have to find something negative, I would say that our room had no window, but neither has been a problem, nor expected to have canal views, as the rooms overlooking the canal are more expensive tad and we were traveling with budget.
Despite of being on the ground floor, next to the common area (room 001), the room was very quiet, we didn’t hear any noise from other guest.
If I have to find something negative, I would say that our room had no window, but it wasn’t a problem: we didn’t expected to have canal views, as the rooms overlooking the canal are a bit more expensive and we were traveling with budget.
The price in Booking is only accommodation, but they offer you a breakfast: toast and hot drinks. It's very basic, but it's the same we take at home, which suited us great. Also, the tea and coffee machine works 24 hours, we appreciate that.
Another thing we truly liked was the location, in the Jordaan district, just 5 minutes’ walk from the train station and really centric: you can walk basically everywhere (although Amsterdam can be visited by walk, as it is not very big).
Last but not least, I would like to congratulate the staff for the good service offered, especially the night shift guy (who speaks Spanish), although the girls in the afternoon and morning shift were great too and all the staff was very friendly at all times (including during the email conversation we had upon our arrival)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Max Brown is situated in three monumental canal houses with an amazing 300-year old façade, at the corner of Amsterdam's most famous canals: the Herengracht & the Brouwersgracht. You’re in the Urban center from the moment you walk in and collect your room key from the crew behind the impressive bar. You can choose to go straight up to your cosy room or to hangout in Max Brown's Social Space for a while ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Max Brown Hotel Canal District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chic And Basic Amsterdam
- Chic & Basic Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Chic Basic Hotel Amsterdam