See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 9, 2014

we came in on a weekend that we could not find a place to stay- first we toke a 4 star hotel for a lot of money; and in the end we found this hotel for 100 less+ breakfast that was nice! Employees are really and the area was good as well:)

Room Tip: if you are 3 in a room this is the place for you:)
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I can't believe the price they charge for this dump! It's ridiculous! Stayed only one night but that was too long. Don't know how they stay listed on Trip Advisor. Found the place dark, dingy and in terrible condition. The garbage bin in the bathroom hadn't even been emptied. The only good thing I have to say about the room is at least the sheets and pillow cases were clean. The photos on Trip Advisor must have been enhanced.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank jake h
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Lost 200€ from my suitcase and came back to the room to discover my bag was placed in the wrong way from where I have left it. The person that took my money couldn't have been an outsider, since the thief didn't take the whole batch. The thief was smart to reduce the after effects of police reports etc.. It was also my fault not having a lock to my bag. Lesson learnt.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Wayankuta
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We booked this hotel for a reasonable price quite last minute for a summer weekend in Amsterdam. We were really happy with the location, a few minutes from the Vondelpark and not far at all from Leidseplein and the lively areas around there. The Jordaan, our favourite and very pretty area, was not far away either and by bike it was very quick to get anywhere. The staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was absolutely huge, I was really surprised as usually on city breaks we have to climb over the bed to get to the bathroom. But there was loads of room here and a balcony too. The decor was very grand and as I've said, everything was a little worn. The bathroom had marks all over the walls and the duvet cover had a stain on. Also the room smelt faintly of smoke but there were huge floor to ceiling windows and balcony doors so no trouble at all airing it out. Breakfast was ok but would not pay extra. However I think for the money we got a lot and there were only a few small things that we didn't like so much. I enjoyed our stay in Amsterdam and the hotel was a decent base for this.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2011

This is a small hotell with simple but clean rooms. Some with shower and toilet. If you're on a budget and still want to live close to Leidseplein and Vondelpark.
Quiet part less than 5 minutes to buses and trams.
A good breakfast is served after 8 so if you have an early meeting - they will try to open early.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business