1,000 results
All reviewsthemed hotelcentral stationrailway memorabiliagreat locationboiled eggsthe breakfast areavending machinecontinental breakfastrooms are smallunique hotelno air conditioningnice breakfastdam squarecold meatscouple of nightsred light districtshort break
Reviewed July 16, 2018

I returned to the A-Train yet again in April of this year. I love this place, as it`s is so centrally located to any and everything that catches your fancy. The staff and management VERY friendly and helpful if any problems arise. Can`t beat the breakfast and its many offerings to tempt the taste buds. Centraal Station is only about 300 yards (+/-) across the street, there`s also a major Tram stop there for travel all around the city and sightseeing. I`ve been in other hotels around the city but, this is the one I prefer because of the reasons above. FWIW..... I plan on returning again in October to celebrate my birthday, I`m sure it will be as memorable as the one I celebrated there 2 years ago. I give it the highest rating......

Room Tip: There are smokers rooms
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank johnfrommilton
Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

When I looked up the pictures online, the rooms looked dark and small but that was not the case. My husband and I had 2 twin beds, which was fine with us. The bedding was white and clean, which makes things a lot better. Bathroom was pretty roomy as well. The staff was as friendly as they can be. Very helpful as well. Close to the train station. We would definitely recommend.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Hanh D
Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

We arrived at 10am and only had to wait an hour for our room so used the luggage storage room. Lots of railway memorabilia. Our room on the 3rd floor (lifts) faced the busy street across from the railway station however reasonable sleep. Breakfast was great especially as we left at 6.45am for an early train trip.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LandN449
Reviewed June 30, 2018

A-Train Hotel, Amsterdam
Opposite the main entrance of Central Station and over the bridge is the ideally located A-Train Hotel in Amsterdam. It's small, 34 rooms, and quirky. The lobby and lounge/dining area are set out in the theme of trains. Continental breakfast is available 7-10 a.m. And a machine for coffee, hot and cold water is accessible at other times. The room was small, but adequate. The desk was always attended and staff most pleasant and helpful at all times. Access to almost all sights, attractions and services was very easy.

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank CailinMR
Reviewed June 29, 2018

This hotel is extremely close to the station, possibly the closest. You had better like trains though. As the name of the hotel suggests, there is lots of memorabilia from different countries train related industries around the world.
I had a single room. Very small but comfortable enough. A bit stuffy (couldn't open a window) so I had to turn the air conditioning on for a while to make the room more comfortable. Break was continental so basic, but more than enough.
The staff were great and very polite.
So, if you don't plan on spending a lot of time at the hotel (just sleep, shower, breakfast and repeat) then give it a go.
I only used it as a stopover on my way to Delft after getting off a late train from London (Eurostar)

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled solo