Lowest prices for your stay
$116
$116
Priceline
$94
Hotels.com$116
eDreams$116
Trip.com$138
1,107 results
All reviews central station great location family room hard boiled eggs continental breakfast rooms are small unique hotel short break the red light district amsterdam centraal hotel is situated luggage dutch supermarket
Selected filters
Reviewed June 4, 2017

Quirky train-themed hotel literally across from Central Station. Easy to find and the staff are very friendly. Breakfast was tasty and the decor is great for train enthusiasts. Clean room, view of Central Station Plaza and of course a bit small but it is Amsterdam! Would stay again if in Amsterdam.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Healey2012
Reviewed May 28, 2017

A-train is very close to Central Station and main tourist area. Cheking in and out is pretty fast, just pay and go. Service was polite and swift. I stayed in a single-room which was tiny and bed felt like a coffin. There were steps after the door which could make it difficult to move about with heavy luggage. Bathroom was clean and with all necessary things. There is a breakfast room next to the lobby but it was not included in my room price. Anyway lots of places to eat nearby. Room felt a bit expensive but Amsterdam is an expensive city and hotel is very centrally locates. Okay for one night stay.

1  Thank JoonasH
Jos H, Eigenaar at A-Train Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2017

We have two buildings one from 1820 and the other one from late 1600, that is way some of the rooms are relatively small. Our description of a single room is; 'A small but comfortable non-smoking room, with all required facilities.'
We serve our COMPLIMENTARY continental breakfast buffet from 07.00 to 10.00 am!
So please check your reservation as we are one of the few hotels left in Amsterdam with breakfast included in the price?!

Reviewed May 23, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is overpriced for what it offers. You are paying for the central location.The rooms are quirky amd clean but small.
The breakfast was poor for the nightly rate. Very poor choice and selection

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 301Ellie
Jos H, Eigenaar at A-Train Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2017

First of all we are sorry you were disappointed in our hotel.
Sorry that our breakfast, see below, was apparently poor in your eyes?
We serve our COMPLIMENTARY continental breakfast buffet from 07.00 to 10.00 am and it consists of:
· White, dark and raisin bread, toaster available
· "Beschuit" (special Dutch breakfast biscuit)
· Butter and margarine
· Jam assortments, chocolate paste, honey, hazelnut paste
· Ham, chicken-filet and cheese
· Cornflakes and muesli
· Boiled eggs
. Fresh fruit and vegetables
· Various coffees, tea and hot chocolate
· Milk, yoghurt and fruit juice

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused, but trust you had a good time in our beautiful city anyway.

Reviewed May 18, 2017

So if you're a person who likes a big room with all the amenities this isn't for you. The A-Train would again be my choice for a short stay in Amsterdam.

The location is directly across from the central train station where you arrive on the airport train.

When you arrive Check- in is easy and fast. The front desk are really friendly and helpful. I had trouble logging on and forgot my adapter. They cheerfully loaned me an adapter and helped. Internet is pretty fast and dependable. The free breakfast was adequate and coffee was welcome.

The rooms are small ( I had a single) and do not have air conditioning but do have a fan. The towels were soft and you could easily get more if you needed them. Everything was clean.

I was able to walk to everything I wanted to do which was lovely after the long flight but metro and train cars are right where the hotel is.

Room tip: Book early and if you are solo and can afford it get a regular room. I will next time.
2  Thank Ann C
Reviewed May 5, 2017

I telephoned A-Train hotel for some parking info they were very helpful and polite, they informed me that there was secure underground parking, when I informed them I was disabled and only able to walk 20 mtrs at one go, the I was informed that the parking that they were referring to was over 120 mtrs away and to park my motorcycle/scooter highbred outside on the public thoroughfare was very risky, would have cross 3 junctions and 4 lanes of fast moving traffic, I will be 66 years old at the time, but they very honest this was done at great expense, I now have to re-think my options.

Room tip: Telephone first
1  Thank tramcar3