“Great hotel”
Review of A-Train Hotel

A-Train Hotel
Ranked #122 of 371 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We spent two nights a the A-Train hotel and I am very happy with the choice. The room was very comfortable and the use of space was superb. The room was clean and the bed and pillows comfortable. A great addition in my opinion was that the room had radiators so the heating was easily controlled without that awful drying out of the atmosphere that blow heaters provide! The staff were very friendly and the location excellent.

I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Debrahis
There are newer reviews for A-Train Hotel

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Just got back home from a 7 day trip to Amsterdam with my hubby. My hubby booked 3 days at a hotel near Dam Square for our 20th wedding anniversary - this was a surprise as I had already booked A-Train for my hubby's birthday a couple of days later. The first hotel was awful, noisy dirty and no amenities at all. My poor hubby was gutted by the state of the place.
A-Train on the other hand was wonderful. I had booked the suite with the private garden. Clean room, wonderful friendly owners and staff that really looked after you, lovely breakfast and a really quirky hotel that was so comfy. Just a stones throw from the train station and walking distance to the main square, what an absolute delight. I would recommend to anyone wishing to stay in is lovely city, to take a look at this hotel - you won't be disappointed. Thank you so much for a memorable stay.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lily2709
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I satyed with 4 friends at the A-Train Hotel over an extended weekend and we had just a fabulous time! The location is perfect - everything needed is within a few minutes walking distance; the whole staff is extremely friendly and very anxious! Rooms are very clean, spacious, comfy - value for money is perfect! We definitely will be back soon!

Room Tip: If you travel like me and my friends in a group - ask for the 'apartment' on the top floor!
Reviewed February 10, 2014

When we did the reservation I wasn't sure about this hotel, but the reviews and the location doesn't lie. The hotel is basic, but enough to sleep, have breakfast and shower. And the location is perfect! Just five minutes walking everywhere! Good hotel choice.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Lisa W
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I stayed atthe A Train Hotel fro m25th Jan - 29th Jan with my 3 daughters. We had a family room which was great. Very useful to have microwave (which we only used once) and fridge and also tea/coffee making facilities. The service was excellent , staff were very helpful and polite. Rooms were adequately maintained with towels etc. Nice also to have a warm room to come back to after a chilly night out .Breakfast was a delight with hot drinks, selection of cheese/meats / bread/ fruit/yogurt/boiled eggs and al lthe various jams and honey. Will be staying here in future whe nwe re visit Amsterdam. We went out one night and it was raining , but the receptionist (forgot to get his name) gave us 2 umbrellas to use which was very thoughtful and much appreciated at the time. Would like to thank all the staff for making us welcome and we had a lovely stay. Will be recommending this hotel to al lour friends and family. Forgot to mention the train theme throughout the hotel was lovely , very welcoming. Wel ldone ot all.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 31, 2014

We visited 29/1 for 2 nights , I had an issue when I booked but the manager rectified this , originally I was charged for a travel cot but the manager kindly let us have this for free after complaining as when I phoned up a member of staff said they never charge for cot .
Nice clean room with lovely high Celling in typically Dutch house ,comfortable beds , clean facilities , nr central station .
Staff were very kind to my 22 month old son , free candy and they warmed his milk up morning and night and washed his bottle up , not much room for cot and buggy but the family room was fully booked .
Breakfast was nice and a lovely Dutch lady who was doing the breakfast was very kind to my son , thank you a train , we will be back , we enjoyed our stay .

• Stayed: January 2014