I spent 3 nights here on my own and stayed in a Small Double Room. This room type is fine for 1 person. If there are 2 persons, you'll need to limit yourself to 1 large suitcase, or 2 small suitcases.
The room was clean and all the essentials were provided for. The only things that could be better:
1. The bed was very soft -- not enough support as it sank in various places as I moved about in bed.
2. The shower stall has no door, so the bathroom floor can get wet after a shower. But it does dry quickly as there is a good exhaust fan in the bathroom.
But I would definitely return to this hotel because:
1. Excellent location -- lovely quiet street, yet only round the corner from the museums, the high-end shopping street and tram lines. A large supermarket is just a short walk away. Felt very safe as a single female traveller. Much better than staying near the Centraal Station/Dam Square area.
2. Nice breakfast included -- no hot food, but the selection was good enough -- breads (toaster provided) and spreads, cold cuts, cereals, hard boiled eggs, fruits and veg (cucumbers and tomatoes), milk, selection of teas, and a machine offering coffee, cappuccino, etc. You can also ask the staff to make sandwiches from the breakfast selection to take away if you need it -- nice!
3. Value for money -- good price for the great location, breakfast and a safe, clean hotel.
4. Good service -- the staff were helpful and friendly. They were able to help me with my various queries and requests, such as tourist information, taxi booking, food delivery, etc. The lady in the breakfast room would chat with me, which was nice, as I was travelling alone.
I enjoyed my stay in Amsterdam and would recommend Hotel Aalders to other travellers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Owned and run by three generations of the Aalders Family since 1955, the Hotel Aalders is a charming establishment with a 3 star rating, located on a quiet, residential street. Ideally situated in the cultural centre of Amsterdam, the comfort and hospitality of Hotel Aalders can be found just a few minutes from the Van Gogh or Rijksmuseum and the astonishing historic city centre. We are delighted to welcome you and will make sure that you enjoy your stay and feel at home. See you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Hotel Aalders reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aalders Hotel Amsterdam