“Wonderful location, spacious triple room”
Review of Hotel Aalders

Hotel Aalders
Ranked #51 of 368 Hotels in Amsterdam
Mildenhall, UK
“Wonderful location, spacious triple room”
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I stayed here for two nights in November with a friend who has a toddler. We got a triple room after deciding the double room w/ a cot would be too small. I'm so glad we did. The room was one of the biggest I've ever seen in Europe, as was the bathroom. Breakfast was satisfying - the usual mix of breads, meats, cheeses, cereals and fruit. But they also had made-to-order coffee. The front desk staff was very helpful with directions and recommendations on restaurants and things to do.
The location is just perfect. It's only one street over from the Van Gogh museum, and there are tons of other museums all around. The Blue Boat canal tour dock is about 5 min on foot, and the hotel sells discounted tickets. We walked everywhere without a problem. It's outside the party district, so it's a very quiet neighborhood.
One thing the hotel's Web site doesn't tell you is that the Conexxion hotel shuttle from Schipol airport stops at the hotel. Return tickets cost about 25 Euro. Much cheaper than a taxi.
If we ever return to Amsterdam, we will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Requset a room facing the courtyard- very quiet!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank iMtrippinUK

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, IL
Reviewed October 13, 2011

We stayed at Hotel Aalders for 3 nights in June, and we had a very pleasant stay. The staff was extremely helpful and helped make our stay in Amsterdam even more enjoyable. I thought the location of the hotel was perfect: It was a short walking distance to most attractions and restaurants but far enough away to get some peace and quiet at night. It is very close to the Van Gogh Museum.

Our room seemed pretty big for European standards, but our bathroom was very small. The free breakfast was great.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank tiamaria529
Mullumbimby, Australia
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Rooms and facilities are past their 'use by' dates. However this hotel is still worth considering due to its helpful, friendly staff and unbeatable location adjacent to the Rijksmuseum, ConcertGebouw and van Gogh Museum. Trams 2 & 5 bring you to near the hotel from the Central Train Station.

Room Tip: There are a couple of recently renovated rooms. Ask for one. If unavailable, consider staying elsewh...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mg788
Riga, Riga, Latvia
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Do not stay here, this hotel is gonna steal as much maney as they can, and than if you ask any questions there gonna tell you that everything they feed extra was for smocking in your room, they costed me so much, that i spented 3 days on the street, trying to get bck home!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank teletubie
Holland, Michigan
Reviewed September 23, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Aalders after an eight day river cruise on the Rhine. This is an older European Hotel with atmosphere. The location made it convenient for us to walk everywhere in Amsterdam. The staff was friendly and the room clean. The rooms are small but there is a nice breakfast serviced each morning. We would stay at this hotel again if we are in Amsterdam.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank patti4866
Canberra
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I recently stayed for 3 nights and booked the single room. When I arrived and opened the door, the room was so small I couldn't even put my suitcase on the ground. I was then advised I was given a free upgrade (thankfully!) I was taken to a room with 2 single beds pushed together and was more spacious. The room was really dated and dark and felt quite old. The hotel is located in a nice area however is not close to the main city centre. The staff were not overly helpful and I found the breakfast quite average and tended to not eat much. Whenever I left the hotel, I had to hand my key in at the front desk and then collect it on the way back (for fire safety apparently). I didn't feel comfortable leaving my key when I had passports and other documentation in the room. I wouldn't recommend staying here.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Graz, Austria
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Good B&B. Clean rooms and friendly staff. Simple but delicious breakfast.
Big room, cozy beds, big bathroom, good location (but not in the city center, you have to take the tram), located in the museum district (quiet and clean)

Good place to stay, Booked last minute via Booking.com (great value)
I'd stay there again. :)