$221
$230
$193
Radisson Blu
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of $320/night.

Hotel Sebastian's(Amsterdam)
$203
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $237/night.

$231
$215
NH Hotels
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $258/night.

Banks Mansion(Amsterdam)
$280
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $316/night.

$413
$189
$183
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $257/night.

$189
$179
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $262/night.

Hotel Estherea(Amsterdam)
$309
$244
  • Room Service
All reviewstram stopno elevatorsteep stairsvan gogh museumhonesty barolympic stadiumnumber tramcentral stationmuseum districtsmall hotelbeautiful parkfriendly hotelheavy luggagequiet neighborhoodclose to the hoteltop floorquiet at night
Reviewed October 17, 2009

We found the staff very helpful. Especially the owner Henk who could not do enough to help us. The continental breakfast was a good meal for the day. The hotel is near a tram stop so access to the whole of Amsterdam is particularly easy. The stairs to the second floor were a bit difficult because we are not so young anymore. For a 3 star it is excellent value for money

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2009

My husband I and I stayed at Hotel Zandbergen for our anniversary, based on the TripAdvisor reviews. We loved it! The hotel is in a quiet area, well-situated near the museums. The hotel will rent bikes to you at a discount, and they are waiting just outside the front door. The main tourist areas are within walking distance, although the tram is just outside, and we toured further afield on the bikes. The staff were lovely and so helpful. We can't say enough good things about the staff. We would definitely stay there again and will recommend it to others. Be sure you are ready for the steep stairs, if you go, though.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Hotel Zandbergen is a delightful small hotel in a quiet neighborhood. The staff, especially, Hank, are wonderful. Exploring the city on foot or hopping on the convenient transit system made visiting the great museums and finding terrific restaurants a breeze!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 6, 2009

The hotel was in an excellent location for me as I was going to a conference out of the centre. Even so the tram is right outside, was cheap and went directly to the centre in about 15 minutes I think. The area is lovely, and importantly felt safe to walk around in after dark, which can be a worry as a lone female. There looked to be some nice restaurants around the corner, though I didn't eat there. Vondelpark is spitting distance, it was nice - and would have been lovely without the rain!
The major highlight though was the staff. On arrival (about 8.30pm) the lady on reception was very efficient, and even took the time to help explain transport for me for the next day, and even carried my bag upstairs for me!
The following day Henk (correct me if I have the name wrong!) greeted me at breakfast and gave me the tram ticket and made sure I knew where I was going. As he knew I was going to a conference he even offered the use of the reception's computer as another guest was on the free internet.
Every morning he was supremely friendly to all the guests; seemed to be fluent in at least 3 languages and showed a genuine interest in people's day trips and offered very good advice. It was a pleasure to meet someone who honestly seemed to care about the guests on a personal level and I would stay here again if I was to return, depsite the distance to the centre.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank beki_85
Reviewed October 1, 2009

This small hotel is located in the Museum district on a mostly residential street. For that reason, it is great for sleeping as it is relatively quiet. The hotel is very convenient to the Rijksmuseum and the Van Gogh museum and well within walking distance of the central canal areas. There are lots of restaurants are close as well as Vondel Park, a green oasis within the city.

Three of us stayed in the penthouse. The penthouse is huge by European standards with a bedroom area, a bathroom with shower only, huge living room with a double sofa bed at one end, a terrace, a dining area and a lovely kitchen with large windows on two sides. Some basic food supplies were in the kitchen. Most important was the coffee maker. There is skylight so the penthouse feels very spacious and light when the sun is out. It is at the top of three sets of very steep and narrow steps. There is no elevator so staying in the penthouse gives you a bit of a work out each time you return to the hotel!

A breakfast buffet is included with the room and offers a variety of cold breakfast items. The main floor reception area also has a computer available for guests nd wi-fi is also available free of charge throughout the hotel.

Best of all, the staff are very friendly and extremely helpful. Our daughter had a massive suitcase as she was going to be staying in the Netherlands to go to school. We were very grateful to the two staff who negotiated the huge case up the narrow, steep staircases. We mentioned we wanted to go to the Van Gogh museum and they were able to provide us with tickets which saved us the long queue at the museum.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family