We picked hotel zandbergen on the basis of good tripadvisor reviews and were not disappointed.
1. Helpful front office staff. Quick Checkout. You can expect good travel tips from the staff.
2. Location: 2 minutes walk from the tramstop (Tram 2 Cornelius Schuystraat or Tram 16 Emma straat). Quiet, safe neighbourhood. Near the Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh museum.
3. Clean rooms, nice old feel to the hotel. (It is a nicely renovated mansion.)
1. Small bathroom. Bathtub included although tiny.
2. Breakfast: Uninspiring fare but starts you off fine for the day.
1. Steep stairs: We were on the second floor. If you have heavy baggage or find it difficult to take the stairs this might pose a problem since they do not have rooms on the ground floor.
2. No AC: It got quite hot in Amsterdam when we were there in May 2012.
Tips on travel, Airport to the hotel: We took the airport shuttle. We booked the return fare in advance at the airport tourist information (Eur 26 return). This takes you directly to the hotel and picks you up on the day of departure. You have to inform the hotel front desk at least 24 hours prior to departure.
The other option is to take the bus 197, (stop is right outside the airport), get down at stadium plein and catch tram 16 to emma straat (arrives at the same stop where you get down from the bus).
Tips on tourist card: We bought the museumkaart. We found this very useful since we like seeing paintings and this card allows you to visit the same museums multiple times, rijksmuseum and van gogh museum included. The Rijks has a superb collection of Vermeers and Rembrandts and the Van gogh has 3 sumptuous floors of Van Goghs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The cosy boutique hotel The Neighbour’s Magnolia (formerly Hotel Zandbergen) features 21 restyled modern rooms in soft pastel tones, with large beds, a desk with a brightly coloured HAY chair and a flat-screen TV. Each room has a private bathroom with shower or bath. Some rooms have a balcony or terrace overlooking the garden. We can put a private mini fridge on request in your room, as well as tea and coffee making facilities . Many additional features you can just take yourself from the colourful hallways. For our single (female) travelers , we have created a comfortable and above all safe environment. The hotel itself is in located in a typical Amsterdam listed building from the early 1900s in residential Amsterdam Oud-Zuid and is one of the few independent and privately owned hotels in Amsterdam.The homely LivingRoom with reception service is furnished and decorated with a unique combination of vintage and contemporary pieces of HAY furniture. Here guests can enjoy our continental breakfast. Complimentary tea , coffee and mineral water is waiting for you upon arrival. From the Honesty Bar in the casual setting of the LivingRoom guests can enjoy a Nespresso coffee, soft drinks, beer, wines, savoury and sweet snacks. Many excellent restaurants are located just outside the hotel on the Cornelis Schuytstraat or on the Willemsparkweg.Wi-Fi is available in the entire hotel and is free of charge. Tickets to various attractions in the area you can get at the front desk where you can also rent a bike (and a packed lunch if you like). By the way, dogs are very welcome too.The famous art-packed Museum Quarter is a 10-minute walk away and houses the Van Gogh Museum, Rijksmuseum and the Stedelijk Museum. It’s also close to the renown and exclusive shopping area of the P.C. Hooftstraat. The Amsterdam canal area is easily accessible on foot or by public transport. The tranquil Vondelpark and the Leidseplein entertainment area offer an amusing stroll. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel The Neighbour's Magnolia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zandbergen Hotel Amsterdam