“Awful owner awful hotel do not stay”
Review of Jupiter Hotel

Jupiter Hotel
Ranked #212 of 372 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My friends and I booked 2nights at this hotel, we where there for a social time, we arrived 30mins before check in closed and the hotel was shut, we rang the bell on the wall for assistance and 'the man' came strolling from another building down the road, he didn't even welcome us in, he barged past us opened the door letting it slam against the wall and did the same again with his reception door then he asked for passports and payment, while he was filling out his paperwork he stopped what he was doing looked at us in such a rude manner and then continued to do his paperwork, our room was on the 3rd floor and to use the stairs you would be risking your life, once we got to our room which was meant to be a twin room, it was set out as a double, the room was small, I didn't even look in the bathroom the walls where thin all i could here was other peoples toilets flushing, I was appalled to be in this hotel, I wish I never paid the man, in the end I booked another hotel, the only one that was available at 10:30pm was the Marriott hotel twin room which was 5mins walk away, the owner ruined our 1st night in this wonderful city and Marriott made our weekend

• Stayed: March 2014
6  Thank Ricoleader

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I love Amsterdam, i have been 3 times in the past year. This was by far the worst hotel i have EVER been to. We arrived on the Friday, we were told check in was available until 10pm. we landed in amsterdam, went for a few drinks and really got into the fun spirit of holidaying in this beautiful city.
We arrived at the hotel at 9.30pm to drop off our luggage before going back out to enjoy the night life. At that moment we realised this hotel really was not for us. i have never known to meet one single person that can destroy a good mood and atmosphere to the point that this guy at reception did. He made it quite clear he didn't like us from the start, he was very creepy, he had no customer service skills and was so rude to us. we went up to our room... i lost count of how many flights of stairs we travelled with our luggage, with no help! we wernt told there was a lift in this hotel.
The room was tiny, no good for 4 people! only 2 bath robes and 2 tiny bags of haribo sweets. As my friends went to discuss this with the man he immediatley knocked on the door with extra robes.. it was almost as if there was a hidden camera in our room. very creepy.
He addressed my friend at reception with the sentence "what have you come to complain about?" she made it clear to him we were not there for trouble and that we were sorry if we got off on the wrong foot, his reply " i do not care if you want to make trouble, then make trouble"
it was obvious he did not want us there.
we were so creeped out we knew we couldn't stay there for the 2 nights we had already booked and payed for... yes it really was that bad! in the end we managed to get a room for 2 nights at the marriot hotel down the road which was worth every penny! we lost our money from the jupiter hotel but we really could not have stayed there.
Rude, creepy, awful man. do not stay here if you are going to Amsterdam for abit of fun!!! we felt like we couldn't even cough without getting into trouble!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank amy t
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I love Amsterdam but it's was the worst hotel I ever stayed at, the owner was mad and rude, he have us a room on the top floor, we had 3 heavy suit cases and he didn't even tell us we could use the lift

We only realized there's a lift in the hotel after we carried our bags all the way up there on the very tiny stairs

The room was the smallest double room I ever stayed in

Really I hated this hotel

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank W W
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Nice cozy hotel. The only thing is that its not really in centrum, its about 30-40 mins walk - nice walk. Guy at the reception bit scary, could smile a little bit more ;-), very nice room. But why you can't smoke on the balcony? There is the reason u choose with balcony, i guess u cant have everything

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Excellent hotel arrived early had a extra person with me asked if i could change room to a triple owner had no problem doing this as there was a triple room left even got a big double bed amazing shower was excellent nice and powerful dressing gowns layed on fresh towel the lot very clean on day of leaving owner let us leave bags until 19:00hrs even helped out door and had even found a item i had left behind quality service and even gave direction spot on.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I have been in this hotel for a city break in Amsterdam. The room was good, with an incredible bed with an incredible mattress, giving you a really good quality of sleep. The bathroom is not brand new but is modern and clean. The breakfast is included and is quite complete. The hotel is located near the most important places in amsterdam, for example 5 minutes for bulldog coffeeshop, rijksmuseum, Voldenpark...and also you have couple options for lunch and dinner nearby. The only negative point is the service, I think he is the owner, but he is cubbish, rude and most of the time he even try to answer your questions.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2014

The location is great, the stairs are killers and you will be closely watched.
The fire alarm went off in the middle of the night so the next day when the owner came to my breakfast table I thought it might be an apology but no he wanted the price of our stay up front.
The stairs are more like a circular staircase and don't expect any help getting your luggage down.
Very odd personality on this owner, he really is in the wrong business.
The breakfast worker was always crying but she was very nice.
Hope this was because she has to work here and nothing serious.
I really don't know why he was watching everyone at breakfast but it gave me the creeps.
We didn't steal any eggs!

Room Tip: Only on the first floor!