“nice little family run hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jupiter Hotel

You added Jupiter Hotel to your Saves list
Jupiter Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2e Helmersstraat 14, 1054 CJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Vondelpark)   |
Ranked #198 of 357 Hotels in Amsterdam
Paisley, United Kingdom
“nice little family run hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

this was my third time at jupiter.still plenty items to have for breakfast,hotel well situated for all sightseeing and just a short walk from the anne frank museum and the zoo.will use this hotel next time i am in amsterdam.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Alfin50_ak

Tulsa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Pros: The room was clean,which is my number one concern when staying in a hotel, and had been updated. I liked the location as we were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go. Breakfast was included.

Cons: There was a horrible sewage smell in the bathroom the entire time we were there. The restaurant/bar across the street made for some loud, late nights which normally would be fine except we had our two children with us.

Would I stay there again? Yes. Like I said, cleanliness goes a long way with me.

• Stayed August 2013
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I spent 3 nights at this hotel and was very pleased. At check in they were very polite and once in my room found it to be very clean. Breakfast was good and did fill me up. The guy who worked over night was a bit of stiff but he added to the experience.lo

I really enjoyed my stay and found the building very secure. Elevator was in perfect working condition.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Helsingoer, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

The Hotel is located a few minutes from the centric area on foot. We walked from there to all the interest places of the city. Van Gogh museum is also very close to the hotel. There is a park about 500 meters from the hotel called Vondelpark where you can take your running shoes and exercise, At the hotel you can buy tickets to sail on the canals, you get also city maps, and all kind of tourist information.
The rooms are clean and there are service every day. The breakfast is just fine, not at great deal but good enough with different things to choose from. The only thing I wasn't so happy about is the stairs, the steps were very small and not easy to go up or down, even thou I give it 5 stars for the whole package.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank crirez
Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

The hotel and staff were excellent we stayed for two nights all the reviews about the owner being grumpy i found untrue he was helpful to us, direct yes but helpful, the breakfast was lovely location was spot on so all and all a pleasent stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank William M
stafford
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I travelld to Amsterdam with a friend to watch Chelsea verses Benfica and I needed a place that was cheap but in an easy location to get in to centre of Amsterdam. After our flight we got onto the public transport (bus), which took us five minutes away from the Jupiter hotel. We were going to pay 26 Euros each for a return shuttle to our hotel and a taxi was 45 Euros. The public bus was 4 euros each way and it was quick and I would fully recommend this.
I have read other comments about this hotel and everybody seems to say the hotel owner is miserable but we found him to have a dry sense of humour and we felt welcome. The room was ut very clean and tidy just as we expected. We walked back to bus stop where we found plenty of bars, restaurants and shops. We also jumped onto a tram which cost 7.50 Euros for a 24 hour ticket which took us to central station after a 10 minute journey and this put us in the middle of the city. After our match at night we got back into the city centre and then walked back to the hotel which only took 20 minutes.

I feel that this hotel was ideal for a similar short break which allows you to get around the city easily but I would keep away from taxis as public transport is fantastic and cheap.

Room Tip: low floor saves your legs as the stairs are quite steep