“Highly recommend ”

Ranked #134 of 367 Hotels in Amsterdam
Dublin, Ireland
“Highly recommend ”
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights in feb. It was our first trip to Amsterdam so we wanted somewhere central to stay and we got it. Location is excellent as right on Dam Sq.
We found the staff to be very helpful and courteous, they had no problem recommending places to go or things to see. Breakfast was included. To be honest I wasn't expecting much but I was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed it each morning.
I would most definately stay here again upon return to Amsterdam.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Katie750

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2014

My partner & I checked in here Fri 14th Feb - Sun 16th Feb, paid a good price for 2 nights bed & breakfast. Excellent location right on Dam Square, very easy to spot from Damrak.
Hotel entrance & reception is of a big space & offers a lot of seating area. Check in was speedy & friendly, given a room on 2nd floor 236, over looking an alley in the next street. That was fine with us as we only slept in the room. Room very clean & equipped with essentials, beds extremely comfortable and decor was bright & modern. Breakfast in the hotel is plentiful with different choices & all buffet style so can help yourself.
Would certainly recommend this hotel & we are planning a return visit.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank clairek28
New Zealand
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Excellent in all aspects, stayed here for 2 nights with our two teenagers (had 2 rooms next to each other on the first floor) in late January. Arrived early but the room was ready and from the lovely welcome to storing our bags for 10 hours on the day of departure everything was great. Clean and warm, good breakfast and excellent reception staff who where so helpful with great sightseeing advice and ticket info and local area knowledge. You couldn't better the location - right on Dam Square basically and we have already recommended to friends and will be telling our travel agent as this was a hotel we had sourced ourselves using Trip Advisor! We will certainly stay here again thanks team RHO.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Pommiegirl
Marbella, Spain
Reviewed February 15, 2014

choose this hotel because my husband was here when he was young with his childhood friend, the hotel is very central and you can walk everywhere..located right at the Dam Square...the only downside was, we walked to the red light district and around in search for a restaurant and we were stoned because of the strong smell of whatever they smoke there in amsterdam...anyway, we really enjoy our short stay and will be back

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BanThaiMarbella
London
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Ideally situated in a quiet street in the centre of Amsterdam within walking distance of all forms of transport (including bus tours, walking tours and canal trips) for comprehensive sightseeing. Easy access to many of the sights, shops and hundreds of restaurants and bars. Staff are very friendly and helpful. The beds are extremely comfortable and breakfast is varied and plentiful with platters replenished up til 10.30.
We were a party of 10 and no-one had any complaints.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the central courtyard are completely quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank PinnerSinner
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Short retrospective October 2012: We stayed here when visiting Amsterdam for a Keane gig at the Heineken Music Hall (nice modern music venue next to the Ajax stadium, short train journey where the stadium/venue are right next to the train station, by design, along with ashopping and restaurants etc)

Rho is central, rooms were clean and comfortable and bed/shower was fine. We were attracted by the Art Deco billing but this is simply the reception area, our room was in an added section, which was a bit of a dark and dreary walk from the Art Deco airy bright recepetion area.

Breakfast was very basic, and we had only pancakes and coffee, filter coffee percolator jugs on heated servers were replenished frequently, I would say this is one of the best hotel coffees I have drank (but a matter of personal taste).

The staff made this stay for us as we got our concert tickets delivered to the hotel and they helped us solve a slight problem on that front, they were very friendly and helpful, and I'm not sure that I thanked them properly at the time...which I'm doing now!

I would dtay again, and certainly if you want a central location reasonably close to Amsertdam Centraal. The hotel is on Dam Square on the edge of the red light district but nothing in your face in the immediate vicinity. We did not venture in that direction, but Dam Square itself has a very busy touristic hustle and bustle, and if your looking there is visual evidence of male parties heading to/from that direction. I never felt unsafe walking to/from the hotel.

I would stay again if I needed an inexpensive central location.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jamthel
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I have a very bad experience, without actually staying in the hotel.
I cancelled my reservation (was a no cost reservation) because I have found much better accommodation at a lower price. In the same day, the hotel preauthorised my credit card, and blocked an amount actually higher than the cost of one night. The fact is: it's been almost one months since then, and the amount is still blocked, although I have had some exchange of emails with the hotel on the subject and they have assured me that it will take maximum 3 weeks to solve this. I consider this an abuse, since I am prevented for using my own money, for which I pay charges to the bank.
So... beware.