“Great Location”
Review of Rho Hotel

Rho Hotel
Ranked #131 of 372 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Ideally situated in a quiet street in the centre of Amsterdam within walking distance of all forms of transport (including bus tours, walking tours and canal trips) for comprehensive sightseeing. Easy access to many of the sights, shops and hundreds of restaurants and bars. Staff are very friendly and helpful. The beds are extremely comfortable and breakfast is varied and plentiful with platters replenished up til 10.30.
We were a party of 10 and no-one had any complaints.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the central courtyard are completely quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank PinnerSinner

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Short retrospective October 2012: We stayed here when visiting Amsterdam for a Keane gig at the Heineken Music Hall (nice modern music venue next to the Ajax stadium, short train journey where the stadium/venue are right next to the train station, by design, along with ashopping and restaurants etc)

Rho is central, rooms were clean and comfortable and bed/shower was fine. We were attracted by the Art Deco billing but this is simply the reception area, our room was in an added section, which was a bit of a dark and dreary walk from the Art Deco airy bright recepetion area.

Breakfast was very basic, and we had only pancakes and coffee, filter coffee percolator jugs on heated servers were replenished frequently, I would say this is one of the best hotel coffees I have drank (but a matter of personal taste).

The staff made this stay for us as we got our concert tickets delivered to the hotel and they helped us solve a slight problem on that front, they were very friendly and helpful, and I'm not sure that I thanked them properly at the time...which I'm doing now!

I would dtay again, and certainly if you want a central location reasonably close to Amsertdam Centraal. The hotel is on Dam Square on the edge of the red light district but nothing in your face in the immediate vicinity. We did not venture in that direction, but Dam Square itself has a very busy touristic hustle and bustle, and if your looking there is visual evidence of male parties heading to/from that direction. I never felt unsafe walking to/from the hotel.

I would stay again if I needed an inexpensive central location.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jamthel
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I have a very bad experience, without actually staying in the hotel.
I cancelled my reservation (was a no cost reservation) because I have found much better accommodation at a lower price. In the same day, the hotel preauthorised my credit card, and blocked an amount actually higher than the cost of one night. The fact is: it's been almost one months since then, and the amount is still blocked, although I have had some exchange of emails with the hotel on the subject and they have assured me that it will take maximum 3 weeks to solve this. I consider this an abuse, since I am prevented for using my own money, for which I pay charges to the bank.
So... beware.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dienuta05
Reviewed January 31, 2014

considering the prices in Amsterdam this hotel is a real bargain.
Its just off the square,the staff are pleasant and helpful,the rooms are modern and clean and the breakfast is fine. As another reviewer says" you should be out all day" so this place would suit any genuine "tripper", bit of a pun there! My stay was in early January 14.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone whatever their budget

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank arthur d
Reviewed January 29, 2014

The location cannot be faulted its right in Dam sq beside the yellow clog. However we were a little disappointed that the beds were so low and mattresses very soft. Only complaint was our room was really really hot, we turned rads off and left window open and still very hot. Breakfast was basic but perfectly satisfactory

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ciara_c_dub
Reviewed January 25, 2014

This hotel nearly on Dam Square perfect location, If you have not been to Amsterdam before this is a perfect location. The hotel is very clean the staff are very helpful the Breakfast large selection and is a value for money hotel, You don't need a 4-5* you should be out all day and all night if not you are missing out. A short walk from Central station and handy for the tram. For beer and brown bar lovers try de Wildeman bar for food you need luck, Try The pancake bakery Prinsengracht leave room for Ice cream and advocaat pancake for afters.

Room Tip: They have adapted rooms
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank teejay11
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We chose this hotel since it was within walking distance from the train station. The desk staff employees were wonderful. They were very pleasant and were of great help when we asked for directions and about boat tours. The room was clean and neat but there are steps to reach the room even if you use the elevator. (This was no real problem for us but could be a problem for some people). The breakfast was buffet style with plenty to eat.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple