“Unsecured” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #136 of 362 Hotels in Amsterdam
Cairo Governorate, Egypt
“Unsecured”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

It is unsecured hotel since the whole safe which was inside my room had been stolen at the time when I was out of the hotel !!! In addition to my laptop and other valuable stuff.

Moreover ,the manager of the hotel told us that they are not responsible for this incident !!!! although the room's door was not broken !!!

TAKE CARE

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank wgamalm9283

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dumfries, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Friendly desk staff and cleaners; good cooked breakfast; helpful staff; good clean room for one (single traveller). Will definitely come back - pity no evening restaurant, but spoiled for choice nearby - The Lobby is five minutes walk away

Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Sandy S
Trento, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

It is difficult for me to properly evaluate this hotel as it was great for some aspects and poor for others. Therefore, I prefer to make a list of pros and cons.

Pros:
- "5-star" location
- rooms were very clean
- excellent breakfast
- computer and printer freely available in the hall of the hotel
- hotel staff was very kind

Cons:
- my room was extremely noisy starting from 7am
- in my room the Wi-fi signal was so weak that very often there was no possibility to connect to internet at all
- my room was very cold and there was no possibility to increase the temperature inside it
- turning off the light of the room automatically turn off all plugs in the room; thus there was no possibility to charge electronic devices during the night

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank drepi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Great location just 2 minutes from Dam Square. Lovely large airy lobby. The bedrooms although comfortable could do with some updating. The staff were wonderful and could not do enough to advise on restaurants and such.
Free Wifi another great advantage.
Breakfast was surprisingly good with a great selection of warm and hot dishes.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Nicudatchen
London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

This hotel really is my me away from home.
Such lovely staff... And great value, in such a central location.
Great to have free wifi in the bedroom, and the buffet breakfast is always delicious and plentiful.
Though Amsterdam is such a lively city, I had three nights of totally undisturbed sleep.
As always, two thumbs, high in the air, for the Rho!

Room Tip: If you prefer a bath to a shower, ask for that before arrival. I have never had a 'noisy' ro...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Perpetuatraveller
Stroud, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I booked online for two nights at the Rho hotel with my husband and 3 adult children, and had several requirements. 1) Not to expensive since we were booking 3 rooms 2) Secure parking available since we were traveling through Europe by car and 3) Central location to Dam Square, Flower Market, Red Light District and shopping...I have mobility issues and cannot walk far, so wanted to make sure I could get back to the hotel and make sure everyone else had lots of places to explore on their own and 4) Elevator...I was warned lots of hotels near the center had narrow staircases to the floors, and I would have problems with that. This had everything I required.

This was not the cheapest hotel, but was the best price for a hotel that met all my needs.There is underground hotel parking, so I didn't have to worry about being parked on the street. (It's also near the train station, which I will keep in mind for the future when I don't need to travel by car!) It has a superb location...it's right on Dam Square, close to all the shops and cafés, walking distance to Red Light District, Rembrandt Square, Flower Market, and the flea market. The reception area is huge and warm, and the staff were friendly, recommending places to go. Even the maid was friendly, telling our kids the best bars to go to! They all speak English very well.

The breakfast was buffet style with English breakfast options and had the chocolate spread and chocolate sprinkles I love on my toast! The rooms were average size but clean and comfortable...and I was very happy to choose the room that had a walk in shower! All our rooms had 2 single beds, my son thought his was small but to be fair he is 6'4".

I would definitely recommend this to friends and next time I'm in Amsterdam, this is the hotel I would choose to stay in again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
3 Thank sarana919
Poole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here (in room 490) on a 5 day visit to the city for pleasure in the beginning of November 2013. We booked online and also emailed the hotel and always had a friendly response. The hotel is a bit like a tardis from the outside, but so big inside.

The room was comfortable, clean and warm which is important when you have 3 days of heavy rain. We spent some time in the foyer just chatting and drinking coffee from the machine. The staff are extremely knowledgeable and friendly especially Tania, who was always willing to help, as were all the staff.

The breakfast was one of the best we have ever had, there was a good variety to choose from hot or continental.

One of the best things was the situation of the hotel, it is just off Dam Square and central to anything, we didn't use one tram while we were there.

Would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family and we will hopefully visit again in the next year. Definitely value for money.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple