“Affordable Comfort” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #242 of 363 Hotels in Amsterdam
Wiichita, KS
“Affordable Comfort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I am a 71 year old male and often travel solo.This was my initial trip to Amsterdam. Right away I felt at ease. The people were smiling, friendly and helpful. The tram ride to the Leidese Plein district from the main train station was uncomplicated and the driver told me where to exit for my hotel which was a short 2 block walk. The Hotel Hestia is in a charming quiet area and I was welcomed & checked in easily. The Hestia had everything I look for in a hotel a comfortable clean affordable room, an elevator, a good location to restaurants and museums and a safe neighborhood. The breakfast offered was typically Dutch and started my day well. I recommend the Hestia for all the mentioned attributes. My stay included 4 nights. I'd stay there again since Amsterdam is now on my list for a return trip.

Room Tip: European hotels in older buildings usually have steep stairs. I have found an elevator to be essenti...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank BlueHighwaysTraveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
lebanon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

where do i start from? I LOVE HOTEL HESTIA. my husband and i spent 4 nights at hotel hestia and i'm so happy i chose this little hotel. we stayed in room 36 which was on the 4th floor, a lot of natural light in the room. the room was great, i expected a small room, but it wasn't that small. the staff, everyone of them were really helpful and had answers to every question we asked. the breakfast is really nice. and the terrace is wonderful if you're a smoker, you don't have to go out of the hotel if you need to smoke a cigarette. i will definitely go back to Amsterdam and i know where i'll be staying.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 36, it was a medium double room on the top floor. lots of natural light.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank souhad
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

On a recent trip to Amsterdam I had the unexpected pleasure to stay at the Hestia Hotel for 2 nights. Great location, in the vicinity of the museums and entertainment area of the city, no bike or taxi needed during the stay. Clean rooms, quiet location, friendly and helpful staff ... even when I showed up late for breakfast, I was offered coffee and something to eat. I know which hotel I will be booking for the next Amsterdam trip ..

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Berliner007
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Amsterdam. It is not fancy but I really try and not spend too much time in my hotel room anyway. It is clean, in a terrific location and the staff are very friendly and helpful. Also had the steepest stairway that I have ever seen (but don't worry there is an elevator).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Craig S
Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

When i arrived the receptionist was very friendly. She gave me the key and send me to my room. My stay was only for 1 night and was good clean room. Good bed and nice sanitary. I left in the night again there was nobody but i left my key at the reception desk.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com