New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Hotel Fita
Ranked #13 of 362 Hotels in Amsterdam
“Nice butik hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

This is a nice butik hotel. It is located in a good area in Amsterdam. The stuff is young and very helpfull. The breakfast was ok. The hotel is very small and no reception. The room is also very small but with nice view and big windows. Overall I did not like its size but it is a good location and stuff are very helpful and friendly

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Yoav L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

We were soaked to the skin on a day trip to Amsterdam, and decided that for family harmony we needed to find somewhere to dry off and get warm. The hotel Fita had a spare room which we booked, and they could not have been more welcoming and saved the day! We were immediately offered the use of the tumble drier and the children brought mugs of steaming hot chocolate. It was so fabulous that our eldest teen actually opted to stay the night and was then able to sample the great breakfast and the very short walk to the Van Gogh and Rijksmuseum. All round fabulous experience and hoping to return to finish exploring the city.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank seaview33
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014

Lovely pancakes for breakfast.. Room was large and bed comfortable. Plumbing is noisey from all the bathrooms. Lighting in our bathroom very poor and extractor fan didn't work. Family who own hotel very helpful and welcoming.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Orangeville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014

I stayed there early in August for 3 nights.I had a single room on the 4th floor. While the stairs concerned me for the first night, by the end of my stay I felt like a pro navigating them. They are typical steep, Dutch stairs and are not great for anyone with mobility issues. Thankfully, there is a small elevator, as well. The room was clean and very comfortable and the perfect size for a single person. The breakfast that is served every morning is incredible-- cheese, bread, bacon, eggs, fruit, cereal, milk, juice, coffee, and pannenkoeken. You must ask for the pannekoeken! The staff speak good English and are very friendly and helpful. We had some issues with the neighbours being loud late at night. We told Roel and he dealt with it. Hotel Fita is very close to the Van Gogh Museum and only a couple of blocks from the rest of Museumplein. The tram and bus are also very close by. Great location, great staff, great room...I'll be recommending Hotel Fita to my friends who are visiting later this year.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank AndreaJ00
Hamden, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014

I've used the reviews from TripAdvisor for years, and they've always steered me well. That's the case with Hotel Fita. They have recently completed renovations on the third floor and I had a brand new room up there. I was a little dubious because of some mobility problems, but the elevator, though small, works just fine. As a 70-year-old traveling alone, I was delighted with the staff interest in me and my activities. They were great about directions, don't miss suggestions, transportation and lots of other details. I knew that whatever my question, they would answer cheerfully and helpfully. The bedding - always a question mark for those of us with joint issues - was superb. The cleaning was spotless and they even have healthy house plants in the rooms. It was truly my home-away-from-home. All this, and a very reasonable rate made it a great choice. The neighborhood is close to several museums and a fantastic park. Tram stops are also a short five-minute walk and everyone takes the tram. They are fast, clean and go everywhere. It's easy to learn the routes and you'll be covering lots of territory on them. Make hotel reservations early as they are usually full. I was there in early May for the flowers at Keukenhof and they were already full every night.

Room Tip: I'd ask for a room in front because the alley in back can attract some noisy neighbors. The stre...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
      Rooms
1 Thank Mary A
The Villages, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014

What a terrific small hotel! If you are looking for a B & B type....this is the place! It's family owned and managed with about 20 rooms. You are greeted by the owner/manager, Roell, and he will help you any way he can. My baggage was lost by the A-L and I made a report to have it sent to this hotel. After I had not received the luggage at the end of the first full day. Roell called and talked to them to make sure where to deliver it . My luggage finally arrived on the 3d day as we were ready to go on a river cruise. We had a neat room on the 2d floor corner above the walking path, room 26 with lot of light and an open balcony with french doors. We kept the doors open at night with a lot of fresh air. The food was plentiful and fresh. Great pancakes! American and European breakfasts.

Room Tip: Rooms above the first floor require either steep narrow stairs or one person + luggage elevator. We...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Hugh R
Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014

Everyone in my group (two couples: myself, my husband and our 2 friends) agreed that this was a great choice for a place to stay. We were there for 4 nights during the Gay Pride parade (which we found out after we had booked our trip to Amsterdam). We thought that the noise would be horrible, but lucky for us this hotel wasn't near the city center where all the festivities were taking place. Our rooms were comfortable, immaculately clean, large and with terraces. The neighborhood was so quiet that we were able to sleep with our windows and terrace doors open every night. Be aware that there is no A/C in this hotel. That was fine with us and especially me, since I don't like being in sealed air conditioned hotels. Only once did we hear an enthusiastic partier yelling some nonsense, but it didn't last long. I'm guessing he found his way back to the Central Station area. The Fita is more like a boutique hotel. It is homey, friendly and quaint. They include breakfast in their price (approximately 900.00 USD for 4 nights) which we considered a bargain for the neighborhood that this hotel is in. It is considered the posh part of Amsterdam and is located in the museum and high end shopping district. The breakfast was amazing. Be sure to try the Dutch pancakes. They tasted similar to a crepe and are made fresh per order. The staff members are young, gracious and incredibly helpful. Thank you so much Rual, Walter and Maxine. Hope I remembered all of your names correctly. You made our stay very special.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple