“Amazing service, great location”
Review of Hotel Fita

Hotel Fita
Ranked #10 of 373 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for two nights back in September 2012. The hotel is clean, comfortable and is a great location but the best thing about this stay was the staff. Everyone was beyond friendly and helpful. The breakfast is very good and when I overslept after traveling the day before, I was still offer some food after the normal breakfast time. They offered free laundry service at the time and that was a great help during my multi-trip stay. Even without that service I would stay here the next time I'm in Amsterdam. I was offered some nice tips for my travels and a transfer was booked for my trip to the airport.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We stayed here about eight years ago, for the location, and found nothing to complain about. So planning another four-day stay, we chose the Fita again. New owners have brought upgrades in everything - the breakfast, with very special "Dutch pancakes," is very good, the large room quite comfortable, and the service exceptionally friendly and helpful. The location would be lovely even without the Concertgebauw and three major museums, in a beautiful 19th c. residential area, but with these magnificent cultural sites, it's outstanding!!

Room Tip: If you plan on sleeping during the day, ask for something not on the front; a large private school i...
1  Thank morta
Reviewed November 15, 2013

The Hotel Fita was very comfortable and clean. We stayed in a smaller room but it was set up well for our two night stay. The breakfast at the hotel was very good. Roel was a great host and provided good advice on what to see in Amsterdam.The location is very good with the Rijks Museum and Van Gogh Museum within two blocks, Leidseplein is within about four blocks, and one block from Amsterdam's mini Fifth Avenue - P.C.Hooftstraat. The trams to Amsterdam Centraal stop one block away (route 2 or 5). There are many restaurants in the neighbourhood.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

As others have said Fita is clean, great location and good breakfast. Our stay was short but we experienced the personal attention from the owner and staff at this hotel. If you are in need of a top notch hotel within walking distances to museum district this is your place if you are lucky enough to reserve a room. The owner was patient with us and suggested very good italian restaurant that we think was more local and that was good, also he gave us a great hint where to see countryside and windmills.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

We stayed 4 nights in this lovely hotel situated a block from Rijks and Van Gogh museums. the trams are around the museums so it is easy to get into Dam sq area. the staff are so helpful with all your needs and enquiries. we were recommended great restaurants close by, as well as a delicious quick lunch place. breakfast is superb, pancakes sublime and good coffee. the room was large and sunny , quiet and warm. they helped with our taxi to Schipol , suggested buying a museum card to save money while visiting the variety of museums in this wonderful city.
What a great place to stay. thank you fita staff !!

Room Tip: Corner room lots of light
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We spent 4 nights in this hotel, overall it's a good stay. The room was clean and bright with a modern bathroom. They have no lobby or lounge area and the elevator is really tiny, but it's okay for us.
The location can not be beat, close to the museums and designers shopping area, and a short walk to the tram which took us everywhere we needed to go. The staffs were nice enough, the gentleman who greeted us when we arrived early in the morning was very friendly, he explained everything to us and gave us good suggestion on places to go and what to do in Amsterdam. The breakfast was fresh, they made to-order pancakes that were absolutely delicious !
On the down side, the school children played outside the window all day long that bothered us.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I've stayed at Fita most recently for the 3rd time already within the last 4 years. Actually every time I've been to Amsterdam I've been staying at Fita. It never disappoints me. I still remember my very first time, when I was completely taken away by the warm welcome making me feel like i arrived home. Perfect combination of location (easy to get by bus and hotel shuttle from the airport can bring you straight to the hotel doors, literally 2 mins walk from the Van Gogh and Rijks, and btw hotel offers you the possibility to preorder tickets for the museums and as a result for all the times I've been to both museums i never was queuing, also easy to walk to wherever you want, since literally located in the heart of Amsterdam), price, service, always warm welcome, extra small cute things that make you feel at home (like nespresso machine in your room), if only there is a chance you'd get your early check in too. And above all, the hotel and its wonderful staff always do this little sweet extra mile in everything they do and making you feel their every guest as the very special one. Always and everyone. For me - Fita and Amsterdam will always go together, even up to the point that I would not stay an extra night in Amsterdam if Fita would not have rooms available. I am travelling a lot, and I know that when you travel you always want to feel a little bit at home wherever you stay - so Fita is like you coming back home in Amsterdam.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo