“Lovely Lovely Hotel”
Review of Hotel Fita

Hotel Fita
Ranked #10 of 372 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We just loved our stay at the Fita hotel and enjoyed the service of the staff who always went out of their way to make you feel at home. Position is fantastic, we normally don't catch public transport but in Amsterdam they told us trams are the best way to go. The tram was only 2 minutes walk and they were so efficient we used them everyday to get to our tour pick up destinations, Room was pleasant, we found the room a little noisy because of the street noise but if we closed the shutters it helped a lot and we had no problems sleeping.
Everyone talks about the breakfasts and I was not prepared to be so surprised because we have travelled a lot over our years and I can honestly say it was the very best breakfast.
Lovely hotel, lovely staff you will not be disappointed at this hotel.
Rosalind backler

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room

Reviewed October 5, 2013

It is a great hotel, I would come back, if I had a complaint it would be that you hardly see anyone, you only have to call and someone is there to help you with what're it is you need, I know it is not large so that would be why. You feel secure as you have to use your key to get I. To the foyer and if you are checking in there is an intercom.
Breakfast is very good and you have a pod coffee maker in your room with a jug should you wish. Yo make tea or instant Coffee etc.
You are given a map when you check in and are given suggestions for things to do plus shown on the map the best ways to get around.
My room was over the entry on the second floor and the street was quiet.
The next street that runs parallel is great for shopping or window shopping, depending on your pocket, all are designer brands, you name it and it is there.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 3, 2013

It's great to be so close to the Museums and the galleries (you can almost see the Rijksmuseum and the Van Gogh museum from the hotel), to the shops and the canals, but what really sets this hotel apart is the hospitality and enthusiasm of the staff and the genuine feel of homeliness. Nothing was too much trouble for the them, whether it be advising us on where to go and what to see, or the special Dutch pancakes specially made to order at breakfast, which was already full and varied . They also sent us to a local seafood restaurant which served the best fish I have had in years. The rooms, though not large, are beautifully clean. All of Old Amsterdam is walkable from this hotel but is set in a very peaceful and charming area away from the traffic, where even the youngest kids play in the street.

1  Thank JeffB169
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I just spent 4 nights at the wonderful Hotel Fita and would highly recommend it. As a single traveler, I felt very safe. The location could not be beat - literally around the corner from the Van Gogh and Rijksmuseum and a short block to the tram (#2 and #5) which took me everywhere I needed to go. Be sure to take advantage of buying tickets at the hotel for both of the above-mentioned hotels - it will save you a great deal of time by not having to wait in lines. My room (#24) was HUGE - the only downside for others might be the fact is right above the playground for pre-school children and could be noisy. But, I did not find this to be a problem. The staff was absolutely incredible, taking time to answer all of my questions, recommending restaurants, canal cruises, etc. The breakfast was great and the pancakes are not to be believed!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Ellen G
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Just spent 3 nights at Hotel Fita and loved how close it was to the museums. It is in an upscale part of town that has nice restaurants, close to the park and all transportation. Roel and staff could not have been nicer and more helpful. Breakfast was fresh and pancakes were delicious. On Roel's suggestion, we took the 197 bus from the airport for 4 Euros each and it brought us down the block from the hotel- super easy.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I spent 3 nights at Hotel Fita. I had a single room which was small, but it had everything I could need and was clean and quiet. The hotel has a great breakfast included. It is also situated very close to the Rijksmuseum and Leidesplein. But most importantly, the staff at Hotel Fita were outstanding, very nice and helpful. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I'm a single gal who wanted someplace safe, well located, and nice. Without breaking the bank.
The room was tiny. So what? The location is top notch, and the staff could not be nicer.
Stay here, go with 26 (nice terrace) and enjoy the first class breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for 26 or similar with big windows, and the terrace.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo