“Made our first trip to Amsterdam so enjoyable.”
Review of Hotel Fita

Hotel Fita
Ranked #10 of 371 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This was our first trip to Amsterdam and Roel made us feel so welcome upon arrival. The hotel is situated in a great area, close to the tramway and with plenty of bars and restaurants within easy walking distance. My wife and I would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

1  Thank gdconna
There are newer reviews for Hotel Fita

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I stayed here early October. My room was on the top floor, small and faced a brick wall, but that was okay. The hotel is in good shape, clean and the hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. They engage their guests and that is appreciated.

PROS:
- Great location, near museums, Leidsplein, restaurants, cafes, boat tours, tram, airport bus, Vondelpark...couldn't ask for a better location.
- Great staff...friendly, informative, happy to assist and map out their hometown for you, always inquired about what you'd seen or were going to see.
- Awesome breakfast...lots of choices to start your day and comfortable dining room, they offered to make pancakes every morning if you wanted them
- They will do your laundry for no additional cost. I left the laundry for them in the morning and got it back the same afternoon. Thank you for that!
- Free wi-fi that had excellent signal quality throughout the entire hotel.
- Coffee maker AND tea pot (for those of who don't drink coffee) in the room, with supplies.
- TV with many stations and alarm clock if you needed it.
- Elevator to all floors.

CONS:
- Walls were very thin. I could hear every conversation in the room next to mine. Bring earplugs.
- Screaming children 7 days a week on the playground next to the hotel.
- Window in my room did not open easily.
- Radiant heat was on only 1 of the 3 nights I stayed, even though temps dipped to the 40's (5Celcius). There was an extra blanket in the room, but I could never seem to get warmed up.
- No place to park your suitcase. I had to clear everything off the desktop. A folding bag stand would have been nice.
- Room rate was 104 Euros per night, which I thought was a bit overpriced for the room size & quality.

Overall, it's a decent hotel and my stay was pleasant. Thanks to all the staff!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel. Fantastic location, close to the tram line, very easy to get around Amsterdam. Our room was very large, very clean and had a balcony. Shower was fantastic,(including rubber duck) bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was great, pancakes were delicious. Raul and family were very welcoming and friendly, like visiting friends!

Room Tip: Request balcony
1  Thank Nettieg555
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I were very pleased with our experience at this hotel--the staff is warm and welcoming, assisting in any way they can. Our room was a third floor, corner room so it was wonderfully light and looked down on a small play area for young children--loved to hear their voices and watch their comings and goings. Buffet breakfast excellent and complete with fresh hot crepes (Dutch pancakes) made to order, access to a computer and printer, lovely location and neighbour hood close to a canal, art museums, shopping district and large public park. We recommend this to anyone visiting Amsterdam and should we ever return, will stay here again.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Fita for 6 nights at the end of September. It was our first visit to Amsterdam. The hotel was how it was represented and more. Yes the stairs were steep but we expected that. Made it feel more old world and 'Dutch'. Our room was large, very clean and perfectly comfortable. It overlooked the school which we found fascinating as children were ferried to school on all sorts of bicycles.
We arrived after 8pm but Martijn greeted us with a very warm welcome, helped with our bags, gave us an overview of the area on a map and showed us to our room where he showed us how things work. Charming young man. Met his brother, Roel, at breakfast and he was equally as welcoming and charming. At breakfast I mentioned I had a few things to ask him but no hurry when he was ready was fine as he was busy with breakfast at the time. As soon as he was free he got himself a cup of coffee, sat down at our table and answered all our questions. Can't ask for better service than that!
The area was just perfect in itself and so easy to walk or catch the tram to other areas.
Our only very small 'complaint' which is more of an observation is that after 6 days we would have liked some eggs done differently than scrambled and a choice of more breads. Other than that the breakfast was great and yes the pancakes are as reported. Actually we expected thick, heavy pancakes which are not really our taste but they are more like crepes- so light and delicious.
The Hotel Fita was the perfect stay for us and we have no hesitation in recommending it. In fact book early to avoid disappointment as they were fully booked during our stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2012

If you are in Amsterdam, try to book a room in Fita. In the past years, I stayed in a number of hotels in Amsterdam. In the future I'll book a room in Fita: simply perfect: location, friendliness, ...Accept the breakfast pancakes and look out for the little duck in the shower.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Johan P
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This was my first stop after a sleepless overnight plane flight and it was a great place to land. A really helpful staff got me oriented and directed me to everywhere I wanted to go. They were eager to set up shuttle to airport and museum reservations, too. It was so easy to walk to all the great museums, boat tour, outdoor markets, etc. from there. The room was small, but well-equipped with bathroom, coffee maker, TV, etc.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo