“loved our stay here! :)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Fita

You added Hotel Fita to your Saves list
Hotel Fita
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jan Luykenstraat 37, 1071 CL Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museum Quarter (Museumkwartier))   |
Ranked #12 of 363 Hotels in Amsterdam
Mumbai, India
“loved our stay here! :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

This was my third trip to the city but the first stayat hotel fita.....am so glad to have found it!
I was taking my mom for her firt trip to europe and am so glad that hotel fita in amsterdam was a perfect start. It was easy to get to from the station by tram as per the instructions given on their website. The owners were very welcoming, attentive and friendly. We were promptly shown to our large double room which was very well equipped with a coffee machine, ironing board, safe, umbrella, enough cosy furntiure and a lovely small balcony. The bath tub was great to soak in, particularly since we found amsterdam very cold at 9 degrees celsius, about 20 degrees less than the average we are used to! The entire property was very clean and welcoming. A computer is available for use in the basement. Breakfast was hearty and the pesonal touch added by encouraging us to have freshly made pancakes was delightful! It was with tremendous regret that we checked out after only one night as we had train tickets booked for further travel. Wish we could have stayed longer. Hope to be back sometime soon!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

My partner and I have recently returned from a 4-night stay at this hotel and we agree with all of the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. We received the friendliest welcome ever from Roel, Martijn and Suzanne. They did everything possible to make our stay in Amsterdam perfect. They were very helpful and nothing was too much trouble. The hotel is perfectly situated close to the museums in a part of the city that is busy by day but quiet and peaceful at night. The rooms are clean and comfortable - we had a large double and it was very spacious. Yes, it is expensive, but so is everything in Amsterdam, and this hotel gives excellent value for money. The breakfast was ample for us and the pancakes are amazing!

Room Tip: Room 32 is a large double with a small balcony
Clifton Park NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

We have stayed at the Hotel Fita several times over the years with complete satisfaction. I just tried to book the Hotel again for next year and encountered frustration with the booking process. We first booked through their automated internet booking. We received a confirmation at one price then received an additional confirmation the next morning at a different price. My brother booked at the same time and received yet a third price. When I looked at my confirmed reservations, it appeared that the 5% city tax was included. When I E-mailed Hotel Fita for clarification I was informed that the 5% tax was not included in the reservation. Yet, my brothers reservation included that additional 5% tax at that different price. The additional 5% tax is listed on my first confirmed reservation as follows: "City tax included: No 5% p.r.p.n." What does this mean? City tax Included, City Tax not included or there is no 5% p.r.p.n? At that point enough was enough! No more recommendations for the Hotel Fita. We booked the Marriott four blocks away. No hassles there.

Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank jyoung3381
Ampthill
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

The Fita is a great little hotel with very helpful staff. Go for the double "A" room - more space . The hotel is perfectly situated opposite tram stop and the Van Gough museum.
The poshest shopping street in Amsterdam, Rijksmuseum and bus stop for the 197 to Schipol are all within 5 minutes.
I was staying for the marathon and Roel was most helpful getting me on my way. If only I had eaten one of his amazing pancakes I would have run even faster. The next morning the pancakes were fantastic. Try them!!! A great city,biking great fun but not for the faint hearted.
Surprised how expensive Amsterdam was- restaurants, museum entry.

1 Thank philBeds
israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

The only points not to give it "excelent", are the breakfast which is more continental than buffet and the price which is on the hige side for such hotel.
The new owners did a perfect work in equiping the room and make it freindly, clean and fantastic bath room.
The tiny elevator with small space, give it the clourfull of an old nice hotel.
The young owners are very helpful and make you feel at home.

Room Tip: For those who wants to stay at the room during the day, ask for the quiet side - not to the kinder g...
1 Thank nitzan
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

I have to agree with all the wonderful things everyone else has said about this hotel! Owners Roel, Ria, Martijn are excellent hosts. The location is great; I loved being in a neighbourhood where you feel real life is being lived, and yet soooo convenient to everything (including a public bus to Schipol for €4.00) The schools next door added the sound of children playing (for me, a delight, though maybe not great if you need quiet for an afternoon nap). The owners have only had the property about 6 months and do plan to put their own touches and upgrade some things--but not, I hope, pricing the hotel out of the moderate category! Thanks for everything, de Haas family. I hope I can come back. Tot ziens!

Room Tip: I loved Room 10--huge and convenient! But it is right by the playground, so be aware if that's a...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Peterborough, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

We stayed 3 nights at the Hotel Fita and were not disappointed. As other reviews note, Roel and his family are wonderful hosts, extremely accommodating. Terrific breakfasts, and yes, the pancakes are wonderful! Our room was comfortable, though basic. Amsterdam is expensive -- this was by far the most expensive of comparable hotels we stayed at on our trip through Belgium and the Netherlands. However, the value was very good.

• Stayed October 2011