Prinsengracht Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$239
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$174
$154
  • Bar/Lounge
$314
$258
$189
$167
  • Restaurant
WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$262
$237
Hotel Estherea(Amsterdam)
$396
$313
  • Room Service
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$224
$294
$213
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel De Hallen(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$181
$140
  • Restaurant
All reviewshampshire hotelconnecting doorsingle roomcanal viewdressing tablequiet hotelnice place to staytop floorrecommend this hotelstay there againwalking distancerooms are smallbooked this hotelminutes walk awayshared bathroombigger roomincluded breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 3, 2009

I booked this place for myself and my girlfriend for a quiet weekend away in Amsterdam. The general reviews of the place seemed very good. The reception looked nice enough, but upon going round the corner and being hit by the stench of a poorly drained reception toilet and tired looking elevator things began to turn sour.
Our double room turned out to be little more than a shoebox - just large enough for the bed, with dirty bare walls and a very basic shower/bathroom. We were also placed on the 5th (top) floor, and it was extremely hot from rising heat, despite it being very cold outside and having the windows open.
I went to ask for a room change and the staff member was completely uninterested saying they were full. He then said that they had overbooked for the following night and so would be doing them a favour if i left and found somewhere else to stay! This would have been a good option, but i didn't wish to spend the precious little time we have there looking for a new hotel, so we stayed.
The bed was uncomfortable and it was very hot at night. I also have a number of bites over my body, but can't say for sure that they were from the bed. The wifi did not work and the staff provided no solutions or apologies.
This hotel would not reach 1star in the UK, let alone 3star! I wonder if the other reviewers were staying in the same hotel!
I reccommend not staying here!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank James1985
Reviewed October 4, 2009

Perfect location within walking distance from the train station and the museum plaza, concert hall etc in a quiet part of the city centre. Everything clean and maintained, service minded staff and a nice but simple breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank qlkpcfre
Reviewed September 12, 2009

Stayed here for three nights because they had a competitive online rate (but need to shop around different sites to find best rate), and this hotel is still at walking distance to the interesting areas in the city centre, unlike others at similar rates which are typically located well into the suburbs.

The (single) room was small but adequate, on the fifth floor (room 501) overlooking the Prinsengracht canal and the general area.

Funnily enough the room key was a normal key, not an electronic one, which is a bit surprising these days, also from a security perspective. However I had no problems at all during my stay. The room also had an electronic safe.

Other items in the room included a working desk, clothes storage, and a small flat-panel TV.

The hotel also offers free wireless internet which is a definite bonus, as some other hotels in Amsterdam still charge rates up to 20 euros or more per day for internet access, which is ridiculous. So this is a great initiative of this hotel and is of sufficient value to me to make me come back here in future. There are four access points in the hotel, ensuring good quality wireless. You can get the passkey from reception.

The mattress was on the soft side (softer than any hotel I have stayed at in the past year or two) and the pillow too was a bit too soft for my taste, however I still managed a good nights sleep. The bathroom was adequate, with a decent shower (although nothing exceptional).

Staff were very friendly, and went out of their way to make my stay a pleasant one.

Overall a good hotel for its price and location, which I would like to recommend and will likely return to in future.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed July 29, 2009

I stayed here for 2 nights at the start of July, I got a double room for €70 a night which when I was booking at the last minute was cheaper than any single room I could find close to the city centre.
The location was my favourite thing about it, it's about 20 minutes walk from the centre but along a very quiet canal, I never heard any noise from the street on any of the nights there. The room was simple but comfortable and clean, I was impressed with the en-suite which was big for a hotel of this class. In the room there seemed to be a lot of noise coming from people walking on the stairs above but luckily this was never enough to wake me up so it didn't bother me that much. The staff were very friendly and efficient too when I was arriving and checking-out.
Overall I was very happy with my stay here and I will definitely consider staying here again the next time I'm in Amsterdam.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank irishtravelmonkey
Reviewed June 19, 2009

Hi the hotel is ok, but not what we expected at all. You can get much better for your money in Amsterdam.Plusses:-location- right on prinsengrachtgarden- really tranquilMinusses-Rooms were not great, sparse, and shower no bath. WE stayed in a superior room and it really wasn't that.No restaurant- or even snack barBar- this is a fridge not a bar with steep proices- 6 euros for a bottle of water.In terms of value for moeny it is expensive and you can get much better in the city than this.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple