“Good food but can be very busy”
Review of Restaurant Korea

Restaurant Korea
Ranked #2,875 of 3,853 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Wachtberg, Germany
“Good food but can be very busy”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I was here with my fiancee on a Saturday evening without reservation at around 20.00 and we were lucky enough to find a table for two.

We had Bulgogi (both pork and beef) and the dishes came with several side dishes like Kimchi or other typical Korean vegetables. The meat was quite ok, flavor was authentic, overall food was really good, a bit costly though.

The only real downside is that they were filled to the brim with guests from two busses and the location was quite noisy. Even still, the kitchen was able to prepare our food quite quickly and considering day and time, we were quite happy with our visit.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank JungH27

• Korean first
“Just ok for me”
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Maybe I should have asked for a recommendation, but I simply chose from the Korean specials menu. The beef and vegetables with rice were lacking in spices and tasted bland. The appetizers that came with it were only ok. Service was super friendly. Overall, I would not go again.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“I could eat herevevery day!”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

This is not the fanciest of places, but what it lacks in sophistication is more than made up by the most delightful food. I have been here twice and both times the food has been exceptional. The marinated beef on the grill just melts in your mouth. For a novice with Korean food, it took me some time to figure out how to use all the accompaniments, but once you get the hang of it, you will love it. The service is very warm. I will go here as often as I can!

• Visited January 2014
Epinay-sur-Orge, France
“Worth a detour”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Make sure you like Korean food. If you do, visit this restaurant. It's way outside the centre of Amsterdam and worth the trip. Busses with large groups of Koreans arrive regularly. The Koreans sit in a separate room, sounding happy. That alone tells you something. The menu is strictly classical, but quite well prepared. My favourite dish, Dolsot Bibimbap is perfect. The rice is crisp, the supply of gochujang generous, the side dishes refreshing. Tea keeps flowing. Some staff members have a language problem, but they are so evidently of good will and forthcoming.

• Visited August 2013
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
“Perfect night, Amazing food!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Being a fan of asian cuisine, I've tried my fair share of Korean food and restaurants around Europe. This one, however takes the cake for taste, comfort and service!
Recommended by a friend of mine, we went there for a meal with 6 of us and had an excellent time.
The service was friendly and welcoming, offering some delicious things we had never tried before! We had a few different succulent meats cooked on a large pan which was brought to the table and continued to cook in front of you! the meats were succulent and delicious! I think they called it a korean Barbecue "Bulgogi".
We also tried a traditional drink called 'soju' (again not sure on spelling!) but it was basically a shot which was added to your beer which made it even better!

We all had a great night, will definitely be back!

• Visited April 2013