St Christopher's at Winston Hotel
$276
$260
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Van Gogh(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$142
$85
Hostelworld.com
1,346 results
All reviewsthe red light districtbar downstairsfree earplugsdam squaregreat locationfemale dormsmoking areabed mixed dormfree breakfastbunk bedsnoisy at nightnight lifeperson roomcentral stationown bathroomlight sleeperyour luggage
Reviewed April 6, 2006

I stayed in this dump for 3 nights with my boyfriend and it is by far the worst
place a have ever stayed. We ordered on the net and managed to get it at a
discount price. When we got to the hotel we had to pay the normal price and not
at the discounted price! Unfortunatly my bf had lost the confirmation form! The
room was alright, small and dark but hey, it was cheap and all we would be doing
in there would be sleeping as we would be out all day and night. But there were
so many problems! We booked a double room and we got 2 poxy single beds pushed
together and when your alseep at night you tend to move around a bit and the
beds eventurly end up moving apart and you fall in between! We had words to the
staff and they were very unhelpful. The toilet absolutly smelt like it hadnt
been cleaned for weeks and the shower was rubbish. the water sparyed one way and
the door on the shower was broken so all the water came through on to the floor.
we had words with the staff about this aswell and it it took 2 days for them to
sort it out. but they didnt sort it properly as all they did was take the door
away which meant the whole place would get even more soaked then it did before!
it was very noisy outside and couldnt sleep properly. overall, the stay was
horrible and there are better hotels to stay in at the same price. people, look
more before you book here!

9  Thank Samira114
Reviewed March 30, 2006

I stayed here with my boyfriend and another couple,I've been to Amsterdam many times and stayed in some dodgy hotels but this place really takes some beating!!! Now I know it's a budget hotel but the rooms we stayed in (the grip room & the Durex room) were absolutely filthy and the 'art' was downright depressing and oppressive! I think I'm pretty open minded but I don't call what looked like loads of used condoms stuck on a wall, art!! The three or four rat poison boxes dotted around the room were charming too.
The horrible orange plastic faux leather bedcover in the grip room was filthy and the carpets in both rooms looked like they were alive with something.
The staff were rude and unhelpful and I couldn't wait to get out of there!
I like to party and have stayed in lots of budget hotels aroung the world but this place is by far the worst.Avoid this dump like the plague because there are much better places available in Amsterdam for the same budget.

• Stayed: November 2005
9  Thank Rooeyred
A TripAdvisor Member
Manchester UK
Reviewed March 5, 2006

We stayed for 3 nights and we had 3 bed en suite. it was basic but good. the beds we has were so comfortable it was difficult to get out of them. A bit noisy but what do you expect for a budget hostel right in the centre. great location. i would stay here again and i was fairly satisfied with the place.

• Stayed: March 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 29, 2005

We stayed in a comfortable room that had about 15 different artists' boxes mounted to the wall. The morning buffet was very decent. The rooms were clean, but the alley outside of the window was extremely noisy all night long. WC was down the hall but never really a inconvenience to use.

Stayed: July 2001
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 29, 2005

My wife and I stayed here two nights in September 2005. We have traveled extensively in Germany, Austria, France, Italy & Ireland and have stayed in all kinds of hotels, pensions and B&Bs. The Winston by far was the worst hotel we have ever stayed in. Our Issues were: We asked two bath towels (double room) this took 18 hours for the second towel. The shower had no sprayer head, it was like taking a shower in front of a garden hose. The toilet set was not attached to the toilet, definitely an “E ticket” ride. The toilet leaked at the base. The TV did not work. The room was not serviced (i.e. beds not made, trash not emptied). Worst of all, the room was on the 7th floor and faced the street, partiers all night and loud talking (yelling) until 5am, then the city sends in trash trucks & street sweepers (2 sleepless nights). Yes, the room was cheap, and we got what we paid for. I will not be a return customer.

• Stayed: September 2005