Hotel Washington
$367
Ambassade Hotel(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$379
  • Restaurant
Ibis Amsterdam Centre(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$238
$276
$1,139
$496
  • Pool
All reviewssteep stairstram stopvan gogh museumshared facilitiesquiet streetno elevatortraditional dutchfourth floormuseum quartermajor museumscity centrea lovely stayroom was largeenjoyed my staysmall hotelmuseumpleinluggage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 23, 2013

It's located in the center, VERY close to the museums. Both the two staffs I had talks with were so polite and helpful. So overall these made me very happy.

However I find it weird when they charge me for Wi-Fi. It's a fundamental need for foreigners, and hotels should not be charging customers for Wi-Fi I think. It feels like they're taking advantage of the situation.

The room I stayed in was in the next building, and the stairs were REALLY frightening actually. I laughed when I saw the stairs' steepness and amount. You should definitely experience it. :)

The breakfast was average, I have better breakfasts each morning at home.

Keep your expectations average, and you will really like this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by this experience. Great value and although a bit of a distance from the City Centre, this hotel is situated in a lovely quiet area where the staff were friendly, the room was huge and bathroom enormous! It was not the most up-to-date room but, for the reasonable price, there was nothing to complain about.

The breakfast was fantastic! I went through 4 options as there was so much to choose from.

This was a very pleasurable experience and great value. I would certainly go back again!

Room Tip: Make sure you have a road map to find this as you dont want to miss it
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank fitpaulessex
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We visited family in Amsterdam and they found this hotel for us. We only stayed the one night but we would certainly return. We were on the top floor which was a mission to get to( the stairs are almost vertical) but it was all part of the experience. Sharing the bathroom facilities was not a problem. Everything was clean and tidy.The breakfast that came as part of the room tariff was excellent. A bonus was the Hotels proximity to the Museums.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2013

it's not close to the city centre, but it's convenient for the museums. It's located in a quiet, residential area. It's an old building and looks like a real Dutch house, but there is no elevator and the stairs are a real hell. They charge 5 € per day for internet and hide a local tax in the price they give in booking.com, which isn't the best of welcomes after you wander around a myriad of streets looking for the hotel. You also need to add tram tickets (2,80€ per ride) if you stay there

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My family and I (mother, father, boyfriend, kid brother and sister) stayed at the Hotel Washington for three nights in what I think must've been their largest apartment. It comfortably fit six people - the two kids slept on a couch bed, but we two couples had proper beds. It also came with a piano, which was a fun touch as my siblings happen to play. The apartment had a kitchen and was equipped with pans, plates, and cutlery, which we found very useful in preparing breakfast so that we didn't have to go out for every meal. There's a supermarket not far away in the Museumplein (Albert Heijn). I received the room at a very reasonable rate as well as I went on Priceline first and quoted that price at them. We slept very well, as the hotel is located on a quiet street, but the location is within striking distance of the museums, which was exactly what we'd wanted. The apartment was located on the ground floor, which was very good for us because we had lots of baggage, as we were continuing on to Sri Lanka for six weeks. Be warned, though, that "ground floor" includes about five or so steps leading up from the street. The one downside I would say is that internet is a little expensive. But otherwise, wonderful hotel with the perfect apartment to accommodate our large group, and I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: The apartment is the perfect size for six people to sleep comfortably if they are comfortable sleeping in pairs.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family