Hotel Aspen
$415
$364
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis Amsterdam Centre(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$238
ibis
Avenue Hotel(Amsterdam)
$363
$271
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
MEININGER Hotel Amsterdam City West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$266
  • Bar/Lounge
WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$332
$299
Agoda.com
$905
$558
Agoda.com
  • Pool
XO Hotels Couture(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$228
$440
$400
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Before I came I received an email that my reservation was been cancelled because of credit card issue. I called them before that and they told me, that its ok as long as i pay cash....ok i thought well in the first place i have to pay anyways, so i agreed with that proposal. I arrived in the hotel soaking wet (thanks to holland weather) , first thing they asked was my payment! didn't even gave me a chance to put my stuff first in the room or whatsoever, they just said that i could leave my stuff infront of their door and told me where is the nearest ATM machine. Then i came back payed them and gave me the key of the room, then the shocking comes next! the room is litterally 3mx2m (or maybe even smaller!), the bed is 120cm x 200cm!!! I was speechless! I came down and told them that i booked a 2 persons bedroom then they said, that is for 2 people!! I was still nice and told them that I dont think 2 people could actually fit in that bed! then they said oh yes it is for 2 people!!!! I really didnt know if i will laugh or i will be annoyed but really not to be exagerated the room and bed are really small!!!!! If i was bi°ot wet and cold I have asked for my money back because really it is very much unucceptable! the owner even scared me, while telling him that i dont think that is the room i booked, he said in a very loud voice àre you accusing me of lying`the i said, i just didnt expect how small the room is, i want to see what i booked! but he just keep insisting. )oh how i wished i check the room first before i payed!)

I will not recommend this place to anybody, for old people it is litterally dangerous stairs and difficult to go down, I even hurt my knees because of how steep it is. Even for young peolpe, if you want to have "extra fun" and be super drunk or something else you will not want to go up from those stairs. For guy friends i really dont think you will want to cuddle cuddle ur buddy with the small bed!! the shared shower is also annoying especially now you have to get undressed inside while trying to wait for the warm water so ended up - wet clothes!

I am trying to think positive about this hotel, but really cannot find any positive side of it.....we really just booked it out of no choice....but pay a bit more maybe 20 euros more you will find something in the area more decent with including breakfast....please dont take same mistake i did!

Room Tip: dont stay in this hotel!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank jenligtie
Reviewed December 12, 2012

This hotel was easy to find but unfortunately is on a busy street. It's not the cars or trams that bothered me, just the ambulances. It's close to centre of town. The small room was clean and I shared a bathroom with those on my floor but I never saw anyone else. The manager was friendly and helpful. It was basic but comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank jac334
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Excellent budget hotel very very clean and friendly staff... Our flight from Glasgow was delayed and we did not arrive until 3am ... We phoned to advise hotel of this and were delighted with their response... Arrived ... Got keys and had a comfy nights rest ... First class service would recommend this hotel and will definitely use again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank graeme m
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Hotel Aspen is a gem. There are other hotels on this stretch of a convenient, major street, but the others all receive poor reviews. Aspen is clean, convenient (in location, not in the steep stairs that are common to all such hotels), and has a terrific manager in Rudy. He is cheerfully willing to research for information needed to see the city and the specific places that are not necessarily on tourist maps. We have stayed at the Aspen twice, and would go there again when we are in Amsterdam.

Room Tip: Rooms on the street have a great view, but have the street sounds.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Daniel G
A TripAdvisor Member
Amsterdam
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The hotel is about 10-15min walk from Centraal station. The room was very clean as was the shared toilet and shower. With the window closed the room was very quiet. As with most hotels in Amsterdam the stairs are steep so it's best not to be loaded down with luggage.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo