We definetely enjoyed looking out our window onto the water and seeing a Russian Sub from our room. The rooms are tiny but you have to remember, you're staying on a boat! We would have done it again for the novelty but if we visit again we will stay somewhere that doesn't require taking a ferry everytime you want to get over to the mainland area. The ferry's run about every 30 minutes but after midnight you have to take a ferry to a different spot and the hotel shuttle comes to pick you up from there (you just call them when you get there). It wasn't a big deal just a bit of a time inconvenience. The breakfast bar here was good and always full. The front desk even made a point to bring us coffee the morning we left and were waiting for the shuttle!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Amstel Botel is Amsterdam's floating hotel. Stay in our hotel with unique design in appearance. We are located in the center of Amsterdam just 3 minutes walk from the Central Railway Station and 18 minutes ride from Amsterdam Airport, which offers a splendid opportunity to discover Amsterdam's history, culture and beauty. The Amstel Botel has 175 rooms, smoking and non-smoking rooms available, all with toilet/shower, hot/cold water, safe, AM/FM clock radio, writing desk, telephone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, ETB, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Amstel Botel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amstel Botel Hotel Amsterdam
- Amstel Botel Alkmaar
- Amstel Botel Hotel Alkmaar
- Botel Amsterdam