Just got back from a 1 night stay on the Amstel Botel . my 4th stay over an 8 year period .
i stay here when i have an early flight back to the uk ...
Its different !
Looks like a boat , designed like a boat , rooms like cabins on a ferry , small , functional and clean .
ok its dos'nt float like a boat but it looks the part .
You cannot beat the botels central position .
2 minute walk from central station , the red light district , the damrak etc .
bus and trams on your doorstep .
its not a cheap stay anymore £70 for a twin room - breakfasts steep at 10 euros a head but you can get a cheeses and ham toasty in the bar at 2.50 euors which suffices !
the triple rooms work out better value.
to be honest you aint going to get a hotel much cheaper in the city centre - even the hostels are asking over 25 euoros a night for a bed in a mixed dorm !
bar prices ok on botel...but try and get your cold drinks for in your room from a supermarket as 1.80 for a bottle of water out the machine is a bit steep !
a tip ! stay outside amsterdam city centre - pumerand , volendam , edam etc . plenty of cheaper hotels ith great bus service in and out of the city - you can get a 4 star hotel twin room for £45 a night with breakfast .
word of warning if you have kids with you and stay on the amstel botel be carefull changing over your tv channels as one is hard core porn !
great if your adults alone but try explaining granny lust to a 10 year old !
oh yes and like precvious reviewer said it was extremly hot - temp gauge said 38 in the lobby - no air conditionng but i slept ok with windows open - pay extra for room with canal view but ask for floor 2 and above as floor 1 has view obscured by gangplank .
to be honest its an unusual place to stay - quite funky in a wierd 70's way - brilliant for the city centre and travel - central station etc
but don't expect luxury and be aware that they eask for payment upfront on arrival !
2 many scallies jumpin ship !
would stay again for convenience factor alone .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Amstel Botel is Amsterdam's floating hotel. Stay in our hotel with unique design in appearance. We are located in the center of Amsterdam just 3 minutes walk from the Central Railway Station and 18 minutes ride from Amsterdam Airport, which offers a splendid opportunity to discover Amsterdam's history, culture and beauty. The Amstel Botel has 175 rooms, smoking and non-smoking rooms available, all with toilet/shower, hot/cold water, safe, AM/FM clock radio, writing desk, telephone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Amstel Botel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amstel Botel Hotel Amsterdam
- Amstel Botel Alkmaar
- Amstel Botel Hotel Alkmaar
- Botel Amsterdam