Small clean room, very very small bathroom, good English breakfast + selection of cheeses and ham. TV is available with channels in various languages, the English channels were mostly news so not much in terms of movies. The room has a safe but you have to pay extra to use it.
Main problem with Botel is that in order to get to the center you need to get on a ferry, which is free, takes about 10 mins but is every 30 mins so if you miss it tiu have to wait. After midnight you have to take another ferry and then a Botel shuttle. Staff will provide you with ferry timetable.
Another issue was the shower water - whenever the other rooms were using their tabs our water got boiling hot or freezing cold.
I personally would pay a bit more and stay in the center and avoid all the hassle with the ferry. Apart from that the Botel is ok, clean and warm, I would recommend it to more budget travellers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Amstel Botel is Amsterdam's floating hotel. Stay in our hotel with unique design in appearance. We are located in the center of Amsterdam just 3 minutes walk from the Central Railway Station and 18 minutes ride from Amsterdam Airport, which offers a splendid opportunity to discover Amsterdam's history, culture and beauty. The Amstel Botel has 175 rooms, smoking and non-smoking rooms available, all with toilet/shower, hot/cold water, safe, AM/FM clock radio, writing desk, telephone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Amstel Botel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amstel Botel Hotel Amsterdam
- Amstel Botel Alkmaar
- Amstel Botel Hotel Alkmaar
- Botel Amsterdam