RECEPTION-very friendly and helpful, the lady with the dark curly hair was full of useful info, she advised us to hire a cycle each, which we did , 30 euros each for 24 hours, defiantly worth it !
ROOM- bigger than I expected to be honest , shower, toilet and sink room are a bit cramped , but don't forget this is really a cabin , not a luxury suite, room had a little wardrobe, writing desk with draws , and shelving above the bed , which suited us fine , beds are a little hard, but not a massive deal ,I asked for extra pillows ( good tip),rooms were cleaned to a high standard daily , we had waterside view , its not a 'dreamy',view , but not horrid , lovely sunrise in the mornings , and you can see the ferry coming in.
FOOD- we had paid for b and b , there were cornflakes, various meat and cheese, hot bacon , sausage, beans and hard boiled eggs, plenty of bread and fruit toast (to toast yourself), tea/coffee/juice is ALL self service, its a typically European b/fast so don't expect typical English things( when in Rome ).
They have a bar serving hot,cold,and alcoholic drinks, but we didn't use it much as we were mainly out.
My only downside was that because our flight home was so early that we missed b/fast and the botel didn't provide a takeaway b/fast box or something similar .
You can hire a spare adaptor if needed from reception for a 5euro deposit .
I would highly recommend hiring a 'yellow bike' for at least 1 day , its a lot of fun , but keep your wits about you, and take a map /guide, EVERYONE seems to cycle here , its fast paced and a bit scary at times , but is still a must do experience x
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Amstel Botel is Amsterdam's floating hotel. Stay in our hotel with unique design in appearance. We are located in the center of Amsterdam just 3 minutes walk from the Central Railway Station and 18 minutes ride from Amsterdam Airport, which offers a splendid opportunity to discover Amsterdam's history, culture and beauty. The Amstel Botel has 175 rooms, smoking and non-smoking rooms available, all with toilet/shower, hot/cold water, safe, AM/FM clock radio, writing desk, telephone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, EasyToBook, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Amstel Botel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amstel Botel Hotel Amsterdam
- Amstel Botel Alkmaar
- Amstel Botel Hotel Alkmaar
- Botel Amsterdam