Don't go expecting luxury at this place but come on, it's a city break so you just need a bed & a shower. I had a triple room which had a set of bunks, a single & a really small shower room but it was ample for 1-2 nights. The breakfast was great & the bar really reasonably priced. The best tip I can give is about getting there, get out the back of Central Station & you should see Subway, the free public transport ferries run from the left of there so go to the fourth one along to the left (should say NDSM on the front) They run every 15 mins during the day & (I think) 30 mins during the evening & you can then see the Boatel on route. Just don't forget (as I did) that you are on a boat & it does move :)
Was good fun & getting there and back on the ferry added you the experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Amstel Botel is Amsterdam's floating hotel. Stay in our hotel with unique design in appearance. We are located in the center of Amsterdam just 3 minutes walk from the Central Railway Station and 18 minutes ride from Amsterdam Airport, which offers a splendid opportunity to discover Amsterdam's history, culture and beauty. The Amstel Botel has 175 rooms, smoking and non-smoking rooms available, all with toilet/shower, hot/cold water, safe, AM/FM clock radio, writing desk, telephone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Amstel Botel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amstel Botel Hotel Amsterdam
- Amstel Botel Alkmaar
- Amstel Botel Hotel Alkmaar
- Botel Amsterdam