It was the cheapest solution we found in a city where hotels are quite overpriced. It was quite clean - which is my priority when booking a hotel- though the housekeeper had the habit to through my sleepwear on the little table by the bed and once she even left the cover of the trash can on our clothes on the chair, which was quite frustrating. Breakfast is decent though it gets quite crowded at the buffet. To visit the city center you need to take a little boat (for free) that takes about 15 minutes and this is quite fun but you need to know the timetable so as not to need to wait half an hour at the peer. Overall it's a good budget place but comforts are limited, since the rooms and bathrooms are quite small.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Amstel Botel is Amsterdam's floating hotel. Stay in our hotel with unique design in appearance. We are located in the center of Amsterdam just 3 minutes walk from the Central Railway Station and 18 minutes ride from Amsterdam Airport, which offers a splendid opportunity to discover Amsterdam's history, culture and beauty. The Amstel Botel has 175 rooms, smoking and non-smoking rooms available, all with toilet/shower, hot/cold water, safe, AM/FM clock radio, writing desk, telephone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Amstel Botel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amstel Botel Hotel Amsterdam
- Amstel Botel Alkmaar
- Amstel Botel Hotel Alkmaar
- Botel Amsterdam