“Great food!! Vegetarian Friendly!”

Ristorante Italiano Fiorentino
Reserve a Table
Mon, 7/22
8:00 PM
Ranked #894 of 4,906 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Oud West
Description: On Overtoom near Vondel Park and just a couple of blocks from Vondel View B&B.
Reviewed May 11, 2019 via mobile

The food here were just great! As a vegetarian with garlic and onion allergy, the chef personalized a mushroom cream sauce penne which was fabulous. My husband had a magherita pizza topped with tuna. It was a pleasantly surprisingly great late lunch that we had!!

1  Thank Feai W

Reviewed May 10, 2019

We were tired and on our way to another restaurant when we noticed this warm inviting little place and decided to take a chance. A good decision. Our server was gracious. We had a wonderful antipasto with the usual meats, tasty roasted zucchini and melon. I ordered the chicken with Gorgonzola sauce. It was delicious. I wasn’t real hungry so figured I wouldn’t finish it, but it was true comfort food and I cleaned my plate which is rare for me. The pasta side was a perfect accompaniment. My husband had the pasta Bolognese which was mildly spicy and very tasty. The specials looked fresh and appealing and I would love to go back and give them a try.

1  Thank Journey627739
Reviewed May 9, 2019

The restaurant was empty when we turned up. We foolishly asked for wine without asking for, or being offered, the wine list, it turned out to be pretty expensive. We had one main course which was lovely, but nearly broke the bank. There was no complimentary bread or water. We weren't offered the dessert menu The room was cold, and the maitre d' too effusive.
What food we had really was good, so would recommend on that score, if money no object, but not a great dining out experience.

1  Thank Judy W
Reviewed May 8, 2019

Our group of 7 was warmly greeted and seated by an engaging waiter. It turns out he was also the owner/chef too. He was warm and friendly and helped us have a great experience. The food was great, the experience was awesome. If I go back to Amsterdam, i'm going back again!

Reviewed April 30, 2019

This restaurant was near our hotel. Its small but owner/chief was friendly and accommodating and the food was great. I had the Carbonara. They bring fresh toasted bread to start things off. A nice find.

Date of visit: April 2019