“Nice atmosphere & creative food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nooch

Nooch
Ranked #271 of 3,429 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Darwin, Australia
“Nice atmosphere & creative food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

We happened into this restaurant while on a day trip to AMS. The menu was inviting and it wasn't too crowded. We were pleasantly surprised by the excellent service and good food. There was a great assortment of Asian selections. I asked if the chef would make me vegetarian sushi (not on the menu) and I was served a delicious creation. My friend had the Pho and loved it!

The prices were a bit more than I would normally pay, but because we had guests in from the US, we didn't think too much of it. It was a nice evening, and I would return, if given the choice.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank ESWeaver

• Hebrew first
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
“Nice spot.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Just popped in for a drink and have no complaints about their service or their mint tea! I did see some people eating though and the food looked and smelled delicious so I think this is one to come back to!

Visited December 2013
Spangdahlem, Germany
“Great location, price, and food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

A friend and I were traveling in Amsterdam and hadn't made dinner reservations on a Saturday night. Short-sighted of us. We finished with our film festival around 1700 and decided to eat an early dinner as we knew we wouldn't have much luck eating at a usual time. We randomly chose Nooch due to it's location. It was full but still had available tables at 1700 on a Saturday night. We noticed that as early diners left, reservations only were taken.

Nooch is an Asian inspired restaurant but with a fresh twist on classic dishes. The menu is short but fresh. There is also a 3 course menu available for 25 Euro. We both had the 3 course menu but different selections. Compared to the regular menu the price was fair, but not a bargain.

The starters were good sized portions and unique sushi inspired rolls. We both enjoyed and shared. The main courses were a nice size, not to big, but sufficient after the starter. The food was tasty and beautifully prepared. However the beef was a bit tough and the veggies a bit limp. I wonder if the prepared menu is already cooked and not as freshly prepared as the a la carte menu.

The service was typical and clearly they were preparing for a busy night. Our servers were polite, brisk, and available for questions. The service was quite good for a casual restaurant.

Should I find myself without reservations again, I would return to Nooch.

• Visited November 2013
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Great little restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

My wife and I came across Nooch as we walked along a street with bargain record and clothes shops.

We looked through the window and could see the place was busy for a saturday afternoon (3pm) and the menu on display in the window sounded good.

We walked in and the friendly staff immediately found us a nice table for two.

The menu has a mixture of Asian styles (Vietnamese, Japanese and Chinese) and looks to be freshly cooked to order, the mixed starter was a good beginning. Following on from this we had Beef Teriyaki and a roast duck noodle soup.

The atmosphere is relaxed and pleasant and everyone in the busy service looked to be enjoying the food on offer which came quickly to the table.

The bill for two courses of food and drinks was less than €40 so we were more than happy to leave a good tip!!

A lovely little place where you can relax, eat good food and then continue your visit to the great shops!! Would recommend it and will be sure to be back on our next visit to Amsterdam.

• Visited November 2013
Brussels, Belgium
“Excellent little place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Came here three times during my visit to Amsterdam and was not disappointed once. The food is all obviously freshly cooked, especially the delicious pad thai and noodle soup. The atmosphere is relaxed but pleasant with very friendly servers all with a ready smile. The food came quickly every time - overall a lovely little place where you can while away some hours and get your strength back to hit the great shops in this area.

• Visited October 2013