“Seriously good burgers”

Burger Bar
Ranked #99 of 3,753 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Red Light District (De Wallen)
Southport, United Kingdom
“Seriously good burgers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stumbled upon the Burger Bar in the early hours looking for nothing more than a late night snack.

A large group of us had been sampling the famous hedonism of Amsterdam and really didn't expect anything more than a gap filling food grab, in passing, that would normally barely be remembered in the next hour, let alone days later.

What we got was tasty, succulent, flavour packed super-burgers - and more importantly made us stop and pause for thought. Still pink and juicy inside, properly cooked, beautifully seasoned and obviously designed and made with care from good, but not overcomplicated, menu.

We had some great street food in the Dam - but this place, unexpectedly, stands out for me. Puts the well known chains to shame - including some that have aspirations to gourmet status, but charge more for less quality.

Highly recommended!

• Turkish first
Newry, United Kingdom
“Eat Here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Amazing burgers. Had the large Irish burger with Fries and a coke. They use quality ingredients and everything is cooked fresh. Wish I had have gone back the next night for the waygu burger. They cook the burgers medium so they can be a bit pink. If you want it well done then ask when ordering.

• Visited August 2013
Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
“Not impressed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

We went there the first day we arrived to Amsterdam as I read the reviews on TA but I was not impressed at all the meat was good but tasteless even when you add topping as I did add blue cheese, grilled onions and jalapeño my son ordered cheese burger with bacon and onion and it was tasteless. I don't think I will go there again.

• Visited September 2013
Orange Mound
“Worth A Try”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have heard as well as seen reviews and videos about how good Burger Bar is. I tried it in June 2013 and it was every bit as well as advertised. I tried the wagyu beef burger and when I requested the burger be prepared well done the chef and the cashier acted as if I had committed a felony! They talked me into having my burger cooked medium-well and I am glad I listened to them. All in all it was a good experience. I was not a fan of how the ice was distributed, but it could be my American roots that have me feeling a certain type of way about that.

• Visited June 2013
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Best burgers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Great burgers, a bit pricier than going to a fast food burger place but so worth it, the burgers were freshly made and so juicy, we went 3 times when we stayed there! If you like burgers definitely worth a visit.

Visited September 2012