1,769 results
All reviewscity centrehi expresstrains runspar shopminute train ridecontinental breakfasthotel entrancetrams and busestravel cardeasy accesscold meatsboiled eggsthe breakfast areaexcellent locationday passpublic transportstayed here for nights
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for a couple of nights for a friend's wedding. As a convenient and comfortable place to stay, not far from the airport or the centre of town, I'd highly recommend it. It's less than a minute's walk from the hotel to Sloterdijk station so you can't really go wrong. Breakfast is a buffet (free) with plenty of choice, although it's a but of a scrum if you go down at peak times! Free wifi is a bonus.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_HI_Express, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam-Sloterdijk Station, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear Rachel_Pettigrew,

Thank you very much for your time to write a review on TriAdvisor regarding your stay in our hotel. We are pleased with the positive comments and really appreciate the feedback on things we can still improve in our hotel. At this moment we are looking to expand our breakfast areas as it can be quite busy at peek times.

Once again; thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We would love to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

As every one mentioned the hotel is very convenient, between the Airport and the center. I arrived around 8 pm from the airport by Subway, you can see directly the hotel but the signs are not clear at all. if you follow them you arrive by a locked parking garage door, the main door of the building is also not the hotel entrance... you have to carry down/up your bags to several stairs before finding a very small entrance and then take the elevator floors up to finally reach the lobby , never seen such a bad concept. The rooms are clean, and it was more or less quiet, the hotel is new so everything is fine , Internet did work in the evening but not in the morning. The breakfast is free but nothing special . I stayed there as everything else was full but I would not return unless i have too, better stay in the center for exempla at the crown plaza.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
GM_HI_Express, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam-Sloterdijk Station, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Dear SvenZH,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to read that you had difficulties finding the entrance. The continental breakfast as the internet is indeed free. The continental breakfast is part of our Select Service Concept, the standard of Holiday Inn Express. I can imagine that this might be different from what you expected to a full breakfast buffet.

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam Sloterdijk Station and it goes without saying that you are very welcome with us or our IHG colleague at Crowne Plaza in the future.

Interim General Manager
Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam Sloterdijk Station.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have to say the hotel and rooms are very clean but I was interrupted every night by noise. The first night was a bizarre howling noise when the door was closed. I called to reception to see if someone could come and listen but they were busy checking in a group and would be with me shortly. 1 hour and a half later still no one had been up or even called. I went down to reception only to be told it's wind and it happens sometimes, I walked past all the rooms on my floor and not one had the same howling noise that mine did! It was awful. I went and bought earplugs for the next night. I was then woken up by a weird buzzing noise. It was very loud and happened at completely random times all through the night. I did not have a good nights sleep at all during my stay of three nights. I will say you don't hear the trains though!
The hotel is in an extremely good location for the airport and Amsterdam Centraal station. I think the UK could learn a thing or too about public transport!
The breakfast is good but nothing hot is available apart from drinks. It did become annoying that there was nowhere to buy a decent dinner in the hotel but we did know this before we booked.
My other complaint is the wi-fi. It didn't work. This was one of the main attractions of the hotel! So frustrating.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jasmineint
GM_HI_Express, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam-Sloterdijk Station, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear Jasmineint,

Thank you for you review and honest feedback. I am happy to read that you noticed the cleanliness of our hotel. Something we work for very hard every day.

During the last week we did have some problems with our connectivity, and even though it does not help you at this moment, I am happy to inform you that these have been resolved. I am sorry to read that we were not able to assist you with noise that was in your room. Would it be possible to contact me directly via gm.amsop@hiex.nl so I can check the room myself?

Again thank you for your time and I do hope to welcome you back to our hotel.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Everything in the city was booked months ahead for a convention, so for one day prior to a cruise we had to stay out here. It is on the train line from the airport, so is very convenient to get to and it is also the end of a tram line that takes you into the city. So it's very convenient, even though not central.

The local area is a wasteland of railway tracks and apart from a small snack bar there is nothing in the vicinity, and the hotel only serves breakfast.

The rooms were typical Holiday Inn Express at about four times the North American price. It was even more expensive than the much higher class Movenpick hotel in central Amsterdam we stayed in previously. Perhaps they were charging more because of the convention.

The room was clean, quiet and a reasonable size, but had virtually no storage space at all. Didn't worry us because we were living out of our suitcases for one night. Service was friendly and the breakfast was very good - the best feature of the stay.

Maybe they don't always charge almost US$400 a night (including breakfast and free wifi), but if they do, stay here only if you have run out of other alternatives.

Room Tip: All rooms look out over railway tracks! But ours was very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear What,

Thank you for sharing your recent experiences with us via TripAdvisor. It is always nice to read that both the service provided and breakfast served were very much to your liking. As you mention there where some large city wide events during your time of stay which affected the city's hotel pricing.

I do hope that during your next trip to the Netherlands we may welcome you again.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights with my partner and the hotel was excellent ! all the staff were very friendly and the reception staff were very helpful . I had requested a bottle of champagne in our room befor we arrived and when we got there it was just how i expected it . we stayed in room 716 and the room was very clean and quiete . Overall we had a perfect stay and i would definitely be back .

Many thanks again

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank S W

Dear S W,

I am very happy to read your feedback, thank you for your kind words!

Please rest assure this will be shared with the team.