Tripadvisor
Amsterdam
All reviews great location bed was super comfy quirky decor lovely hotel small fridge air con hard rock cafe nice stay main centre bed and pillows recommend staying here short stay walking distance well located hotel museum quarter tea coffee tourist attractions
Selected filters
Reviewed January 18, 2020

Hotel with a lot of character. The bed in the room was so comfy. Very helpful staff. 25 min walk to Amsterdam Central so a bit further out then I first wanted but would recommend, especially if you use the transport links.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Hansk020, General Manager at The ED Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2020

Dear Antonia,

thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing your experiences.
I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and hope we see you again soon.

Kind regards, Hans

Reviewed January 13, 2020

This hotel used 2 be called the Hampshire and we stayed there many of times and never had any problems went back Jan 2020 for 5 day break hotel was spotless and reception staff where really nice but came home 2 find money missing from my bag in the room I understand its my own fault for not using the safe which I now no is free but wasn't made aware at the time when checking in so please anyone staying hear make sure to keep your stuff with u at all times or use the safe

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Hansk020, General Manager at The ED Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2020

Dear Madam,

We spoke on the phone yesterday where you mentioned that you were going to post this review.
Every room in our hotel has a safe, a safe is very common in a hotel but you did not use this during your stay. We also spoke about the daily cleaning of the room which was new to you since you thought that the room was cleaned on request by a card only.
The room was cleaned during your stay and your bag was moved during the cleaning but this does not mean that our room attendant looked into your purse. The room attendant has been working for us for years.
I am very sorry that you came home and found money missing from your bag.
Safety and security is very important for us and for our guests and therefor we provide safes in the room and screen our staff.

With kind regards, Hans

Reviewed January 12, 2020 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here during 25th November 2019 for a couple of nights.

We arrived early at the hotel, the reception lady was really nice and she advised to our surprise that our room was already ready which was great bonus.

On arrival to the room it was a tad smaller than expected, but it was clean and was very modern so that didn’t worry us at all. It may be a tight squeeze if your got a lot of suitcases though.

The bed was very comfortable and there was a tv on the wall which even hosted some British Tv channels although we won’t there to sit in the hotel room.

The room came with a small coffee machine and kettle for people who need there early wake up call. There is a small fridge too to store any drinks you buy which is handy (there is a Lidl’s around the corner which is pretty convenient)

The bathroom was very clean it came with small packs of shampoo/conditioner and body lotion. There is also a hairdryer in the room.

I really couldn’t fault the hotel. We also hired our bikes from the hotel for the day which made getting too locations really convenient and even quicker.

The location is very close to the rijksmuseum and is about a 30 min walk into the centre which isn’t too bad providing you don’t mind exploring on foot around the streets of Amsterdam.

The stairs are very steep in the hotel, but there is a lift which we found to be a tad slow so we always opted for the stairs.

We would definitely return to the hotel though.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Hansk020, General Manager at The ED Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2020

Dear Sir, Madam,

thank you very much for writing your review and for sharing your experiences over here.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the facilties we have at our hotel.

We are looking forward to seeing you again.

Best regards, Hans

Reviewed January 11, 2020

We booked the Ed after spotting it on Booking.com ideally I was looking for a hotel close to the train station but I’m pleased we didn’t because the Ed it a beautiful hotel perfectly located near Vondelpark and the buzzing Leidseplein square.

The Ed is absolutely spotlessly clean with a very quirky Amsterdam vibe, the rooms are very well equipped what also includes a mini fridge what I think is essential, the rooms a little small but that’s the standard in Amsterdam.

The staff are an absolute credit to the Hotel and couldn’t do enough for you, we liked it that much we’ve booked again for our anniversary in March.

Top work guys.

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank Lee W

Dear Lee,

we are so pleased to read that you had a great time in our hotel, thank you for sharing this over here.
I hope we may welcome you again.

Kind regards, Hans

Reviewed January 7, 2020 via mobile

I recently had a short city break in Amsterdam and The Ed was the perfect place to stay.

On arrival we were greeted by a lovely member of staff who helped us to check in. We arrived a little before check in but the member of staff was really helpful and found a room we could check into early.

The lobby was lovely and clean along with quirky decor.

The room was the perfect size for a short stay, with a lovely view of the bustling streets and canal. The room was lovely and clean, I couldn't fault it. The bathroom was a nice size and again, really clean.

Whenever we entered or left the hotel we were greeted with a friendly hello and a smile from all staff.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and would highly recommend this hotel.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Hansk020, General Manager at The ED Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2020

Dear Beth,

thank you very much for your review and for your kind words over here.
I am glad to read that enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.

Best regards, hans