We stayed here in 2003 in a junior suite and our room was bright and spatious. Lovely wood floors, comfy king bed, oversized bathroom with swiss bath products and a great view of dam square with large windows. We really loved everything about our room, but here is the however. On our last night when returning to our room in the afternoon while the room was being serviced, from outside the room I saw one of the maids cleaning our coffee cups in the bathroom sink. I witnessed her spitting in the cup to 'polish' it up. Not sure why I didn't bring this up to management at the time as I normally would (in a rage), but this is preventing me from staying here again. I also was able to see a standard room that a friend was staying in on the top floor and it was nice as well, though smaller. It had exposed beams in the ceiling and less windows so kind of dark. Though I'd stay in one of those rooms if needed. Especially liked that we were able to check in early (10am) and were brought a plate of fresh fruit on arrival. Overall I wish I could bring myself to stay here again if it weren't for the spit thing. ...And the Internet access was 25 Euros a day which was ridiculous, but needed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Swissotel Amsterdam boasts the best location in town, right at Dam Square in the heart of the city centre. Being just 20km from Schiphol Airport and a short walk from Central Station, this 4-star hotel offers a perfect base for your stay in Amsterdam. All major sights and attractions are within walking distance. Offering 110 soundproof rooms and suites, Swissotel Amsterdam makes a quiet and comfortable haven amidst a bustling density of high-end shops, restaurants and bars.All rooms include a Nespresso coffee machine and individually controllable climate control. Hotel guests have free access to Swissotel Amsterdam Fitness, featuring state of the art cardio-vascular equipment, and to the Business Centre, providing free internet and office supplies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Fairmont Hotels, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Swissotel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Swissotel Hotel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Swissotel Hotel
- Swiss Hotel Amsterdam