“first stop on our honeymoon was perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Nadia

Hotel Nadia
Ranked #120 of 364 Hotels in Amsterdam
Forest Hills, New York
“first stop on our honeymoon was perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

The staff was so friendly and helpful - really made our stay enjoyable. Good breakfast to start the day and amazing location - close to everything! Rooms are small but clean and comfortable. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HPlover

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (618)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Anguilla
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

Let me get this out of the way first - this was by far the smallest room I haveb ever seen, even for Europe. The decor was blah, even though the bathroom looked recently upgraded, which made the room appear even more desperately in need of a makeover.

This was all forgivable by the friendliness of the manager and all staff. They really make a big "fuss" about your comfort and wellbeing. Moreover, it didn't appear rehearsed or forced as some of the higher end hotels staff appear. The breakfast was okay for continental and for only 3 days, I survived.

The steps were really steep so if you have mobility or fitness issues please stay elsewhere! Given that the staff carried my bags up and down the stairs, I was quite fine with the bit of exercise otherwise.

Ideally located, great price and friendly staff makes this livable for a short stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank dajngold
Roanoke, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

We were very pleased with our stay at the Nadia. I knew about the stairs in advance and felt that the price of the stay made the exercise worthwhile! We were on the top floor with a balcony and view of the canals. Again, for the price the hotel is a good value.

Room Tip: We didn't mind the tram noise. It will be there if you are in a room above the road.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kathleen C
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

Excellent location, friendly service and good value for money.
Good breakfast, small rooms but clean and functional.
If you don't mind the size of the room, it is the perfect solution for a weekend in Amsterdam!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

Returning from Curacao I had one night to spent in Amsterdam. The choice to book at Hotel Nadia was by Tripadvisor. The hotel is located nearby the old citycentre of Amsterdam. To reach the reception you had to climb steep stairs. Typical for Amsterdam. Staff however was very friendly and helpfull. The room was small but still comfortable and clean. My stay was very short but a pleasant one.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Hamilton, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

I chose to stay at this hotel as it was recommended by Lonely Planet and close to many attractions. However when I arrived it was not at all what I expected. I had specifically requested a room in a quiet part of the hotel. What I got was an extremely small single room right by the stairs where I could hear people coming and going all night.There was also what I think was the air conditioning unit right outside my window and the church bell rang loudly every half hour or so during the night. The hotel walls are paper thin and I could hear everything the couple in the next room were doing during the night. The air conditioning was very noisy, my bar fridge on the shelf above my bed dripped water onto me during the night saturating the bed linen, the bathroom was tiny and the floor filled with water every time I had a shower. The room was not clean as the shelves in my room were caked with dust. I was meant to stay here for several nights but chose to move to another hotel as one night here was enough. It was a shame as the staff are very friendly and helpful, you get a free complimentary drink on arrival and the breakfast was not bad at all. However this was not enough to make me stay due to the excessive noise and dirty room. I guess if you don't mind noise and want to stay in a cramped room then this hotel would probably be okay, but there are many better ones in Amsterdam at a similar price.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

We found the Nadia to be a pleasant stay. We stayed four nights in two different rooms. We found the rooms to be cosy but comfortable to sleep. The first room we had had views of the canal. Our second room was smaller then the first with no view. We found the staff to be very helpful and especially Mo would always attend to our need with our luggage etc.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple