New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #103 of 363 Hotels in Amsterdam
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Disappointing Stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I chose to stay at this hotel as it was recommended by Lonely Planet and close to many attractions. However when I arrived it was not at all what I expected. I had specifically requested a room in a quiet part of the hotel. What I got was an extremely small single room right by the stairs where I could hear people coming and going all night.There was also what I think was the air conditioning unit right outside my window and the church bell rang loudly every half hour or so during the night. The hotel walls are paper thin and I could hear everything the couple in the next room were doing during the night. The air conditioning was very noisy, my bar fridge on the shelf above my bed dripped water onto me during the night saturating the bed linen, the bathroom was tiny and the floor filled with water every time I had a shower. The room was not clean as the shelves in my room were caked with dust. I was meant to stay here for several nights but chose to move to another hotel as one night here was enough. It was a shame as the staff are very friendly and helpful, you get a free complimentary drink on arrival and the breakfast was not bad at all. However this was not enough to make me stay due to the excessive noise and dirty room. I guess if you don't mind noise and want to stay in a cramped room then this hotel would probably be okay, but there are many better ones in Amsterdam at a similar price.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (598)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

We found the Nadia to be a pleasant stay. We stayed four nights in two different rooms. We found the rooms to be cosy but comfortable to sleep. The first room we had had views of the canal. Our second room was smaller then the first with no view. We found the staff to be very helpful and especially Mo would always attend to our need with our luggage etc.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Raymond S
Matamoras, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

My Son and I recently stayed at The Hotel Nadia and found it to be a very pleasant experience. The staff went out of their way to accomadate us and were very helpful.Our room had a great terrace with wonderful views of the canal.

Room Tip: Get a room on the canal side.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

The Good: 1. The manager and other staff members (all men) are very nice and welcoming. They point you in the right direction and are always willing to help. They carry your bags up and down the steep stairs so you don't have to worry about dealing with that. 2. The location is a great one, just down the street from Anne Frank's house and within walking distance of the main downtown area, including the red light district. 3. There are also many restaurants nearby, which is nice and convenient.
The Bad: 1. The rooms are extremely tiny (even by European standards), and there is hardly room for two bags! 2. The bathroom smells and you get the distinct impression that they don't do a good job of cleaning. What was worse, there was a piece of exposed plastic pipe which ran from the toilet bowl and there was a constant smell associated with that. Just awful! 3. If you like to sleep in quiet, do not request a room with a balcony! There will be nonstop noise which you cannot keep out. 4. Breakfast is included, which was nice, until I saw the man (yes another man) in charge of setting up the breakfast holding the croissants with his bare hands and delivering them to a basket!
Would I say there again? Absolutely not! The smell of the bathroom, and the unhygienic goings on in the kitchen just turned me way off! This place is like a cheap motel!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Droitwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

myself and my wife stayed at The Nadia Hotel for two nights. It is what it is. Small rooms yes, but you have what you need and it appeared clean. Staff are extremely friendly and willing to please, nothing is too much trouble and we left feeling as if we had received good value.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank blewnoze
Jyvaskyla, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The staff was very helpful and friendly! I have never been that kind of friendly hotel! Rooms were quite small, but it doesn´t matter, if you don´t spend your holiday on hotel room. Breakfast was quite poor, but I think it was ok. There were bread, cheese, croissants, coffee, tea and orange juise. If you are quite bad shape, the stars could be hard, because there is a lot of steep stairs. But you can take these as a good training! And location was very excellent to walk everywhere. Anyway I really can recommended this hotel!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My fiancé and I stayed here January 2014 for 4 nights after staying 4 nights in Paris. The hotel was a short 20 minute ride from the airport. We arrived at noon before check-in, we were given sodas and only had to wait 5 minutes for our room to be ready. The flight of stairs is definitely steep but our two heavy suitcases were taken up the stairs for us so that was the end of that. Our room was small but had all the necessities - our balcony was great to sit and people watch while drinking hot chocolate. You cannot beat the price you pay here. The location is absolutely superb. We didn't have to take a taxi once - walking distance to all the local attractions. Minutes away from the Anne Frank Museum which was an amazing experience. All in all, would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple