“October short break” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #114 of 362 Hotels in Amsterdam
Lisburn, United Kingdom
“October short break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Nadia from Friday 25 th of October 2013 for 3 nights . We found the hotel with ease and we're greeted warmly by the reception staff . We were treated to a complimentary drink whilst our case was taken to our room ,this gave us a chance to have a look around and get our bearings . The breakfast room overlooks a couple of canals and the decor in here was of a Moorish taste as was the rest of the hotel.When we reached our room we were impressed with the homely feel to it , I think the large balcony helped too. The hotel is perfectly situated to be used as a base to tour the city of Amsterdam ,being only a 5 minute easy Walt to Dam Square, Ann Franks house is only 2 mins from the hotel (Big tip get there before it opens it's very popular) , most of the churches are within walking distance.We visited Amsterdam to primarily catch the Fleetwood Mac concert but I can honestly say that we found Amsterdam a terrific city full of warm , friendly people , it's really easy to find your way around and we will be visiting Amsterdam again and would like to stay at the Hotel Nadia , a lovely wee hotel with staff full of local knowledge and willing to spend a bit of time to offer good advice .PS the stairs are steep up to reception and the rooms but it's well worth the effort .

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (605)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

"Welcome back home!" said the card I found in my room next to a beautiful bouquet of flowers.

No phrase was more appropriate as I was once again in Amsterdam and specifically again in the Hotel Nadia, that is to say "home".

That's how I really felt in this second, marvellous stay in this small charming hotel. It began with a warm welcome when I first arrived, smiled upon by all the staff and spontaneously offering these little touches that you can only hope to receive at home and ending with a farewell rather than "goodbye" as yes, we'll see each other again and it will always be a pleasure.

So, once again, thank you Hotel Nadia, thank you to all the lovely personnel, thank you to the cat who I delightedly played with in the morning, thank you to Osam for his daily kindness and consideration. It was a great pleasure to see you all again.

I hope to return to Amsterdam again one day in the future. I love the city and know that home, the Hotel Nadia, will be waiting for me one more time.

2 Thank grazia888
Denver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed at the Nadia for 15 nights..Upon checking in i was given a room that was beyond small..I asked for a larger room and was given one immediately..I travel alone so the room was still small but all the other possitives compensated..Friendlay staff, great location, clean, deceny continental breakfast,,

2 Thank MonkeymanDenver
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

This was my first time staying in this hotel and I must say, I really enjoyed it for a week! This hotel is in a very good location; you can walk to the Anne Frank house, Dam Square, Centraal Station, Kalverstraat and Nieuwendijk (the shopping districts) and the tram/bus stop where all major trams stop and take you to major parts of Amsterdam. The staff really make you feel welcome and, as someone had already pointed out, you get a free drink upon arrival. Most importantly, they are very helpful in getting your luggage(s) up their very steep staircases and in giving directions on where you want to go in Amsterdam. The room itself was small (equipped with a personal bathroom, mini-fridge, t.v., closet, electronic safe, electric fan) but served my purpose in getting a good night's sleep. They do offer free breakfast though I wish that they could offer more choices aside from the toast, croissants, cheese, jam, butter, yogurt, and juice. Finally, they offer good rates when you stay in this hotel. If ever I visit Amsterdam in the near future, I will stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: If you are physically disabled or have vertigo, do not stay in this hotel for the staircases are ver...
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

Just back from another great stay at Hotel Nadia! As always, the staff were very friendly and could not do enough to help

The many plus points include location - short walk to Dam square plus lots of trams/buses stop nearby, friendly staff, nice breakfast (rolls, cake, cheese, jams, etc), coffee/tea/fridge in room (rare in many european hotels), fresh flowers in room, welcome drink on arrival, free maps, TV with good range of English channels, rooms kept nice and clean, etc

Yes, the steps are steep but staff will help you with cases. They also moved me to a lower floor room as I have some mobility issues, and could have not been any more helpful. rooms are on the small side, but not a prob if you want to use the place as a base rather than spending all your holiday in a hotel room! There is noise too from the nearby tram and Westmark church but earplugs can blot this out!

all in all, a very good stay, I will definitely go back

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Louise R
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights as an easy base to get around the city centre. It served this purpose as it's an easy walk from Central Station and Dam Square and indeed most of the main sites in Amsterdam.

As others have mentioned the stairs are very steep but this isn't a problem and someone is always on hand to help with your case if required. We were offered a soft drink on arrival, which was a nice touch.

We'd booked a double room and it was tiny. I'd read previous reviews and was expecting it to be small but it reminded me more of a cabin on a ship - lots of wood panelling meant it was also very dark! The shower was powerful and a good, consistent temperature. The room was facing in so not a lot of light and it also smelt a bit stuffy, not one for anyone who's claustrophobic.

For Amsterdam the price is OK, however we've stayed at better hotels there for a similar price before.

Overall, it served its purpose as a base for a couple of nights but I wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dorset
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

The location was excellent, a few minutes walk from Dam Square. The hotel has a very steep staircase but they did offer to carry our case up. We had a warm welcome, were given a free can of coke and a map which was helpful. The room was very small but function able with a fridge, hair dryer and tv, a vase of flowers made it look prettier. The bathroom was so small you couldn't sit on the loo and shut the door at the same time and the shower spray was not adequate but plenty of hot water. Our view from the window was a grey rendered wall which did make us laugh, not quite the canal view we hoped for. The bed was comfy but sleeping became difficult with the church clock chiming every quarter and half an hour. Breakfast choice was very limited with bread, cheese, croissant, cake and apples, no cereal, eggs or meat, great if you like toast! Overall the hotel is ok for a few days but take some ear plugs.

• Stayed October 2013