Hotel Nadia
  • Restaurant
The Toren(Amsterdam)
  • Restaurant
4,137 results
All reviewssteep stairsbreakfast roomanne frank housedam squarefresh flowers in the roomrooms are smallyour luggagechurch bellscentral locationno elevatorfriendly hotelcanal viewsingle roomyogurtexcellent locationmini fridgetea and coffee
Reviewed November 6, 2012

For my last five visits to Amsterdam, I have stayed at the Hotel Nadia. When making plans, I sometimes consider staying at a chain hotel (because I can often book an award stay), however, I find myself returning to The Nadia.
I am greeted each time by the owner/manager and his outstanding staff as though I make monthly visits rather than yearly. There is always a fresh bouquet of beautiful Dutch flowers in the room to brighten my stay.
The Nadia is situated near Westerkirk and right around the corner from the Anne Frank House in The Jordaan area of Amsterdam. There are a variety of restaurants ranging from Japanese to Italian to vegetarian within walking distance. The tram stop is less than 50 metres from the front door of the hotel and from there you can travel anywhere in the city.
The rooms may be a wee bit on the small side, but are clean and more than adequate. The continental breakfast consists of pastries, toast, cakes, yogurt, cheese, juice, tea, and coffee, etc. is more than enough to start your day. Transportation to/from the airport can be arranged by the front desk...shuttle bus, private car, or taxi.

So, if you want a truly European hotel experience at a reasonable cost in a great location....try The Hotel Nadia on our next visit to Amsterdam.

Oh! And the stairs? My favorite feature....but thank goodness for the staff member who takes your bag to the room!

Room Tip: The canal side rooms tend to be a bit more quiet with a great view of the church and the canal.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed in hotel Nadia with my family, and it was a good experience, with excellent service and specially the ubication, because everything was around the Hotel. The only bad thing that I saw, were the stairs. But I liked it and I recommend it.

Room Tip: I think the best thing for choose a good room is the ubication of the Hotel. Well, for me, but also is important the comfort and the cleanliness.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012

If you cannot climb a lot of stairs, do not stay here. When you first arrive it looks like scaling the Alps. A guy meets you at the bottom of the stairs and takes your bags. He is in amazing shape! That said, I LOVED this hotel. The staff are super friendly, it's centrally located to all the good stuff you want to see and do in Amsterdam, the price is VERY affordable and they have Nutella in the continental breakfast! The rooms are of course Euro small, but clean and comfortable. You're here for the city, not the room. I would not hesitate to stay here again, and I'm looking for the next opportunity to do so. Love Amsterdam and I love the Nadia!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michele M
Reviewed November 5, 2012

If you are looking for a hotel that is budget friendly, clean and convenient, look no further than the Hotel Nadia in Amsterdam. This family run hotel offers a number of small rooms in a historic canal gallery building, just behind the Dam square and footsteps away from Anne Frank's house and the eclectic Jordaan quarter. As you open the door, don't be alarmed by the long, narrow steps leading up to the office. This is typical in Amsterdam so leave your baggage in the foyer for the young men in the family to carry to your room. You will be warmly greeted at the front desk and offered a beveridge while your room is processed. The owner's are helpful and friendly and eager to make your stay pleasant. There is a typical European continental breakfast included, adequate, even though it would be nice to see a bit more protein offered, good coffee & fresh ingredients. Each room offers, private shower & W.C., cable T.V., fridge, safebox, phone, hairdryer, WiFi, Fax/internet access, & other facilities available on request. We have stayed at the Hotel Nadia four times now and we have always been fully satisfied with value for money.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Could not resist it; I had to go back to Hotel Nadia, and it was just like three years ago. Friendly staff, good breakfast included in the room price, and superb central location less than five min walk from Dam square. Rooms are small and basic, but who uses floor space while asleep anyway? And nothing like a short walk home after an evening out on the town.

Room Tip: Book a deluxe room; small price difference and more comfort
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business