“Nice, friendly hotel, good location”
Review of Hotel Nadia

Hotel Nadia
Ranked #113 of 367 Hotels in Amsterdam
Chester, United Kingdom
“Nice, friendly hotel, good location”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My boyfriend and I walked from the train station to Hotel Nadia, took about 10mins. Buzz to enter the hotel and someone will come down to take your cases up the very steep stairs.

Offered a welcome drink on arrival and shown to the breakfast room to relax a little. Cases were taken up to the room and our room keys and tv remote given to us.

The room and bathroom were small but were fine for us.

Staff very friendly. Free wifi and complimentary breakfast (continental).

The hotel is a couple of minutes walk to Anne Franks House.

There is a Pancake House a couple of doors down, an Italian restaurant (thoroughly recommend), ATM across the road and a Tour Bus company shop just over the canal.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (627)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Ramstein-Miesenbach, Germany
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Hotel with lots of character and a wonderful staff. Breakfast was good,bed was comfortable, and the shower was outstanding. Got a free upgrade to the canal view, but it was a little noisy. Ear plugs helped. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tbiscuit_67
Randers, Denmark
Reviewed October 17, 2012

After staying 4 days at Hotel Nadia we must say that this is the place. Great atmosphere, very helpful people, nice and clean rooms. The hotel is situated very close to everything but a little bit away from the ordinary shopping streets - so if you are looking for the nice areas of Amsterdam - this is the best place to be. Lots of special stores...lots of nice restaurants.

Room Tip: We stayed in room number 310 - nice big family room with canal view, fridge and good beds. Nice room...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, California
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My wife and I booked this hotel based upon the high number of positive reviews. The basic complaint always seemed to center around the room size. I've spent a fair amount of time in Europe over this last year for both business and vacation, so I am used to the smaller room sizes compared to US hotels. Even so, I was pretty surprised how small the rooms really are. My wife and I joked that they were similar to a ship cabin. Even so, I understand that Europe is old and you have to make due with the space provided. However the first room we had (we paid for a canal view room) was on the 1st floor and it was very dark. The carpet seemed pretty out of date, and I couldn't escape the feeling that I was staying in someones basement spare bedroom (even though we were up a flight of stairs). The room was also cold. The heater is one of the old boiler types where you turn the knob and it can take 10-15 minutes to heat up. We turned on the heater and left for dinner. When we came back an hour later the room was still cold. I complained to the front desk who sent a crew down to try and fix it and they said everything was fine and left. After another 30 minutes I complained again and they brought down a portable heater which did the trick. Unfortunately with the small room it took up the floor space. The manager said that we could move rooms the next day, which we did. The next room had a nice working heater, but we lost the canal view (although I believe we still paid for it). The bathroom in this room was very small, and the toilet was essentially right outside the door in the very tight space. Again, this is just a note, they would have to reduce rooms to make them bigger. But taking a shower made the entire bathroom wet. And two people would not fit if you tried. This room was not dark though. We were also on the floor with the breakfast room which made it somewhat loud in the morning.

I have nothing to compare against other buildings in Amsterdam, so this could be the norm. But I was expecting much nicer (the space size didn't really bother me) and more quiet. There would be no way to sleep with the windows open due to the sounds on the street below. The neighborhood seemed nice, but we had to walk far to find good food. Otherwise the location was fine.

I think next time I will look for other accommodations.

Room Tip: The first level of floors were very dark and much closer to the street. Get a room further away from...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

This is by far the most welcoming staff I've ever seen in any hotel in my life. Loved the atmosphere, great location, good breakfast and extremely nice owners. Would definitely go back there . It is a great value for the prices.

• Stayed August 2012
Campinas, SP
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Great hotel quite close to Amsterdam Centraal (we walked to and from it) and also to most touristic attractions. Long stairways and no elevator but as others said, the staff will help you with your luggage. The room is small but the bed, bathroom and amenities are quite good. Very helpful and friendly staff available 24-hour, check-in and check-out were quick. Breakfast was coffee, milk, tea, croissants and other breads, butter, jellies, aside from assorted cookies/crackers. Nice option for staying close to the Centraal Station and the city center.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I myself rate this hotel as execellent as i have stayed here on a number of times in the past 12 years. the manager and staff greet you in an excellent way and all the staff are very friendley
and go out of their way to make you feel at home and help you in any way they possibly can.
No lifts but staff convey your luggage to your room which in our case was clean tidy with a canal
view and very comfortable with shower/toilet combined, breakfast continental, would have liked to have made toast but what you had was enough. rooms where cleaned dailey with clean
towles. Location ideal close to all attraction, all in walking distance of Hotel. Excellent value for your money and I would totally reccommend the Hotel Nardia to anyone and I look forward to
staying at The Nardia again in the near future. A big thank you to Osam and staff

Room Tip: Request the South side as I feel it would be quieter
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple