“Clean, cheap and well located hotel”
Review of Hotel Nadia

Hotel Nadia
Ranked #111 of 367 Hotels in Amsterdam
Northern Ireland
“Clean, cheap and well located hotel”
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Have stayed in Amsterdam several times. The city is popular with tourists and conventions which makes it one of the priciest places in Europe to get your head down. We were really pleased to get such a well located, friendly, and very affordable hotel.

The rooms are small but most of the rooms in Amsterdam are and they were spotlessly clean. The staff were very helpful and friendly while the hotel is just a 5-10 min walk from all the main city centre sights. The continental breakfast was more than adequate. One of the staff even took time to show us the owner's incredibly well tended secret garden which was in a tiny courtyard outside our window.

Best of all, we paid just £240 for our 3-night our stay which was incredibly cheap for Amsterdam in June. I have no hesitation recommending Hotel Nadia to other travellers.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (632)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Laois Ireland
Reviewed March 20, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for three nights from the 16 of March 2012. The steep stairs would not be suitable for people with walking difficulties however, most of the older hotels seem to have these stairs. The staff were extremely friendly & helpful, we were welcomed with a soft drink & flowers in our room. The rooms were very small but fully equipped, comfortable & cleaned daily. The balcony was an added bonus.The continental breakfast was fresh & plentifull, a good start to the day. The location was very central a five minute walk to Dam Square. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: A family room would be more spacious for a couple
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 19, 2012

The receptionist on checking in was extremely helpful and friendly, we even got a free tin of soft drink as a welcome drink. There are alot of steep stairs but from what we seen most hotels in Amsterdam are like this. The room is basic but clean with an ensuite toilet and shower. The breakfast was a basic continental breakfast but very nice. I would definitely return to this hotel. The location was great. It is a few minutes walk to Ann Franks house and about a 5 minute walk to Dam Square.

1 Thank mccrud
Winhester Virginia
Reviewed March 18, 2012

We returned toThe Nadia to celebrate our birthdays. We were amazed to find the staff remembered us from four years ago. We will never stay anywhere else in Amsterdam. The location is outstanding-on the tram line and an easy walk to Dam Square, the Flower Market, and The Anne Frank House. From our balcony, we could see the Westerkerk and hear the same bells Anne Frank heard. The hotel is filled with exotic charm. The staff is warm, friendly, helpful and made us feel The Nadia is our Amsterdam home.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Reviewed March 17, 2012

The stuff of the hotel was very friendly and helpfull. We had booked a room with balcony for six nights but one night we had to change to a room without balcony 'cause the hotel was crowded (I guess), but they had told us in the e-mail from the day we had booked. The room with balcony is big enough for two people and very cozy and comfortable! The beds were OK although a little small if you are a tall guy like me! But even where you were tired you could have a nice relaxing sleep! Nice breakfast in the morning, good enough to start the day satisfied! The rooms were cleaned daily although we found some... "leftovers" from the people stayed before us! The location is perfect, in 10 minutes by feet you reach the Dam Square and on the other side Anna Frank's house is a 5 minutes walk! The neighborhood is crowed in the day and has all kind of stores if you want to buy something. At night it's quiet and safe. As a conclusion the hotel is very good relating to the money we gave, so anyone looking for a nice hotel around the centre I would recomend it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kevinorf
Australia
Reviewed March 17, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in February 2012. Even though travelling by myself, I still booked a double room knowing how small some of the hotel rooms can be in Europe. However, when I arrived, staff mistakenly sent me to a single room. I saw the size of the single room, thought that was the double I booked, I nearly fainted. I stood there felt blank for a minute thinking how I was going to survive four nights there. Then I went to the counter asking if that's their size of a double room, that's when they realised I was given the wrong room. So I got my double room.

However, this room is an odd shape, the bathroom is so small that I couldn't close the door when I sat on the toilet. The odd shaped wall is wedged in between my legs! There are also wall to wall shelves in the small and narrow room. So I banged my head on the shelf whenever I stood up. The room is very small in any standard, however, they could remodel it to make it a little bit more comfortable. I'm very very disappointed in this regard.

On the other hand, the staff, the location are just wonderful. The bed is very comfortable and I slept well every night. The breakfast is not much, so I only went twice out of four days there. I don't think I can face staying there again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Andy n
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed March 16, 2012

We stayed as a couple for 2 nights at this hotel on our last couple of days in Amsterdam. Out of all of the other hotels we stayed in Europe, this was the worst. The first part is the stairs, very narrow and very steep, mind you the staff come to bring it up the stairs, it's a good thing they did! Once we arrived we were bombarded with smoke. The reception was full of it. They would not take credit card payments, only cash, which was a pain. We were asked to wait in the breakfast area until our room was prepared and our luggage was placed. 10 minutes later we were handed our key, remote and off to our room.Have no idea as to why we had to wait when the hotel was not busy. Booking a double suite you would think nice a roomy, knowing how small a regular room is in europe. Room was very tiny with a double bed against a wall, had a balcony, which was the best part of the whole place. The bed sheets were filthy, dusty and heaps of hair. No room to put your suitcase.The bathroom was as all other comments state, you hardly have enough room to turn around. The shower didn't work properly and also flooded the toilet and rest of bathroom. The towels are old, and bleach spots all over. On the second day our room still hadn't been cleaned by 5pm. When asked for them, we had to wait 45 mins, and did not collect our old ones. The breakfast area. Do not be fooled by the photos. You get cold coffee, some bread, croissants, and some marble cake. If you could find a seat you were lucky. Maybe 25 seats. Very tight. Staff were friendly enough. Would not recommend hotel to anyone unless you are a backpacker, not looking for much.

2 Thank AllyODB