Hotel Nadia
$248
$229
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $273/night.

$561
$332
Agoda.com
Lloyd Hotel(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$124
$92
Priceline
4,140 results
All reviewssteep stairsbreakfast roomanne frank housedam squarefresh flowers in the roomrooms are smallyour luggagechurch bellscentral locationno elevatorfriendly hotelcanal viewsingle roomyogurtexcellent locationmini fridgetea and coffee
Reviewed March 17, 2012

The stuff of the hotel was very friendly and helpfull. We had booked a room with balcony for six nights but one night we had to change to a room without balcony 'cause the hotel was crowded (I guess), but they had told us in the e-mail from the day we had booked. The room with balcony is big enough for two people and very cozy and comfortable! The beds were OK although a little small if you are a tall guy like me! But even where you were tired you could have a nice relaxing sleep! Nice breakfast in the morning, good enough to start the day satisfied! The rooms were cleaned daily although we found some... "leftovers" from the people stayed before us! The location is perfect, in 10 minutes by feet you reach the Dam Square and on the other side Anna Frank's house is a 5 minutes walk! The neighborhood is crowed in the day and has all kind of stores if you want to buy something. At night it's quiet and safe. As a conclusion the hotel is very good relating to the money we gave, so anyone looking for a nice hotel around the centre I would recomend it.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kevinorf
Reviewed March 17, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in February 2012. Even though travelling by myself, I still booked a double room knowing how small some of the hotel rooms can be in Europe. However, when I arrived, staff mistakenly sent me to a single room. I saw the size of the single room, thought that was the double I booked, I nearly fainted. I stood there felt blank for a minute thinking how I was going to survive four nights there. Then I went to the counter asking if that's their size of a double room, that's when they realised I was given the wrong room. So I got my double room.

However, this room is an odd shape, the bathroom is so small that I couldn't close the door when I sat on the toilet. The odd shaped wall is wedged in between my legs! There are also wall to wall shelves in the small and narrow room. So I banged my head on the shelf whenever I stood up. The room is very small in any standard, however, they could remodel it to make it a little bit more comfortable. I'm very very disappointed in this regard.

On the other hand, the staff, the location are just wonderful. The bed is very comfortable and I slept well every night. The breakfast is not much, so I only went twice out of four days there. I don't think I can face staying there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Andy n
Reviewed March 16, 2012

We stayed as a couple for 2 nights at this hotel on our last couple of days in Amsterdam. Out of all of the other hotels we stayed in Europe, this was the worst. The first part is the stairs, very narrow and very steep, mind you the staff come to bring it up the stairs, it's a good thing they did! Once we arrived we were bombarded with smoke. The reception was full of it. They would not take credit card payments, only cash, which was a pain. We were asked to wait in the breakfast area until our room was prepared and our luggage was placed. 10 minutes later we were handed our key, remote and off to our room.Have no idea as to why we had to wait when the hotel was not busy. Booking a double suite you would think nice a roomy, knowing how small a regular room is in europe. Room was very tiny with a double bed against a wall, had a balcony, which was the best part of the whole place. The bed sheets were filthy, dusty and heaps of hair. No room to put your suitcase.The bathroom was as all other comments state, you hardly have enough room to turn around. The shower didn't work properly and also flooded the toilet and rest of bathroom. The towels are old, and bleach spots all over. On the second day our room still hadn't been cleaned by 5pm. When asked for them, we had to wait 45 mins, and did not collect our old ones. The breakfast area. Do not be fooled by the photos. You get cold coffee, some bread, croissants, and some marble cake. If you could find a seat you were lucky. Maybe 25 seats. Very tight. Staff were friendly enough. Would not recommend hotel to anyone unless you are a backpacker, not looking for much.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AllyODB
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Hotel Nadia is a cute little property located in what seemed to be the heart of the city. It was about a 20 minute walk from the central train station. When we arrived, we were met at the door by a friendly staff member, who carried all our luggage up the steep entryway stairs and up to our room. Check in was easy. We arrived about an hour before check-in, but were allowed to check in early. They even gave us a welcome drink (choice of soda, juice, water) and had a bouquet of fresh flowers waiting in the room for us. The room was cozy, cute, and clean, and had a wonderful view of the canal.
The hotel is within walking distance to most major attractions, including Anne Frank House, Red Light District, Dam Square, and the flower market. We did have to take a tram to the museum area and Vondelpark.
I will definitely be staying here again on my next trip to Amsterdam.

Room Tip: Quad room is on corner of building, overlooking canal.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank 4evrnblujns
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I stayed at the Nadia hotel with my sister for 3 nights last summer. The hotel was easy to find as it is right across the street from the Wester Markt/Church tram station. The stairs to get up from street to reception are the steepest and most narrow i have ever seen! But have no fear as the hotel staff will gladly lug ALL your luggage up for you. I will admit that the rooms are small, but the property is cozy and everyone working is SO SO nice. We got welcome drinks while checking in as well as fresh flowers and a personalize welcome message in our room. The hotel even gave my sister a big bouquet of flowers and free pop on her birthday and let us use their cutlerly for her cake.

Other Pros;
- Walking distance to Dam square, Anne Frank House, food and shopping
- Tram station is across the street
- 90 euros for a double room with a balcony (although it rained cats and dogs during our stay so we didn't even open a window..)
- 6% discount if you pay in cash

I would most definitely recommend the Nadia Hotel and hope you enjoy your stay as much as I did!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family