4 people are viewing this hotel
Priceline$654
Travelocity$655
travelup.com$791
1,901 results
All reviews freddy's bar amstel river marble bathroom leading hotels of the world beautiful hotel overlooking the canal luxury hotel turn down service beautiful room brasserie doorman city linens netherlands tram
Selected filters
Reviewed August 20, 2019

We stayed for a week and enjoyed every minute of it, the concierges helped us book museums guide and a private tour of the country around Amsterdam that was wonderful. There's nothing like breakfast in restaurant sitting right over the canals and watching the small boats traffic. The same can be said for the Marie brasserie which is literally on the canal and has good food. Late evening at Freddy's outside small terrace on the street is perfect to watch passer-by. We enjoy the pool and the spa while there and were really pleased. Higly recommended

1  Thank Pierre S
DeLeurope, Guest Relations Manager at De L'Europe Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2019

Dear Pierre,
We thank you for your lovely feedback regarding your stay, highlighting the concierges, spa and our outlets Brasserie Marie and the terrace.
We look forward to welcome you back as our guest in the near future!

Jacqueline Grätz

Reviewed August 17, 2019

This is a really wonderful hotel in a fantastic location. Beautiful lobby, lovely breakfast room overlooking the Amstel River, nice spa area, excellent bathrooms and well appointed rooms of good size. Check in was efficient and thorough. Doorman does an excellent job. The front of hotel staff is excellent in all respects. I will even make special note of the head concierge, Eef...he is the best. No request is not handled promptly and efficiently. It is almost as if he already knows what you wish...he just takes care of it with ease and integrity. Wish he worked at every hotel I go to. He made us feel very welcome and treated us almost as acquaintances rather than temporary guests with bothersome demands. Many of the staff clearly enjoy their work and seem to almost take an ownership position in how they deal with the customer. That is high praise as most organizations can only dream of having workers who apparently love their jobs and make that extra effort to make customers feel appreciated and valued. Every time I walked back into the hotel I felt as if I had returned to our sanctuary from the hubbub of the city. The waterfront terrace was another pleasant spot for a respite from the hard work of being a tourist. We enjoyed snacks and drinks there more than a few times with a peaceful view over the river as the canal boats cruised by. Amsterdam is a wonderful city to visit and De l ‘Europe is a wonderful hotel to experience it from.

Ok, I have given all the good things about this wonderful property. Now the only problem I experienced. I was in a bit of a rush at checkout and failed to properly review the folio. When I did check the emailed receipt I discovered that my room charges for three of our four nights did not match the confirmation from the booking agency. The charges were somewhat higher than I had agreed to. The bill had several charge categories such as taxes, etc. and I thought maybe the total charges were in line with my confirmation, but I simply could not reconcile the differences. Spoke to the booking agent and emailed the hotel for clarification. Was unable to get anything of substance that would clear up the discrepancy. The hotel has agreed to look into the matter with their reservations department and promised to get back to me. That was a few days ago and no word to date. I really just want to know where the breakdown occurred. Was there a disconnect between the hotel and booking agency or was there simply a mistake made. In either case, I was charged more for three of the nights than I had originally agreed to through the booking site. I am hopeful that I will get this resolved and/or explained in the very near future. I only include it in this review as there is a problem somewhere that fellow travelers might encounter and I always seek to give complete and truthful reviews. I will be happy to follow up this review once the matter has been clarified. In any event, this is a truly wonderful hotel and to my mind the best place to stay in Amsterdam for a tourist who wants to walk to everything this city has to offer. I would absolutely return if in Amsterdam again.

Room tip: First floor rooms (up one story) are a good choice as they have a very convenient open staircase at the front of the hotel.
2  Thank mike215
DeLeurope, Guest Relations Manager at De L'Europe Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2019

Dear Mike215,
First of all our apologies for not reacting sooner!
We are delighted to read your extensive compliments about the hotel and staff, highlighting our head concierge Eef. Rest assured that we have shared your kind comments with him. They were greatly appreciated.

Then we are truly sorry to read about the invoice issue and especially about the hotel not getting back to you.
Please be so kind, in case the issue is still not resolved, to contact us at Guestrelations@deleurope.com. Thank you.

Jacqueline Gratz

Reviewed August 17, 2019 via mobile

We stayed with our kids for four nights at this amazing hotel. The location could not be any better. The lobby and the rooms are so unique and clean. Breakfast is out of this world with a great view on the water. The staff is extremely professional and helpful particularly the concierge. We have stayed at a lot of luxury hotels all over the world and this one is certainly top five !

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank AS11111

Dear AS11111,
We are delighted to read your very nice review on TripAdvisor. Your kind words about the breakfast and staff, in particular the concierge, are greatly appreciated and have been shared with the entire team.

We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

Jacqueline Gratz

Reviewed August 15, 2019 via mobile

Perfect to visit the city and to have a romantic experience of Amsterdam. We had a cosy room that make you feel in a Rembrandt painting, with a beautiful view. Service and staff adequate to the standard. The building is an historical one on the canal. They also arrange transportation to the airport and you can choose the car you prefer, so we went for a Tesla. A bit too expensive breakfast even considered the level of the hotel.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 974claras
FrederikRast, Guest Relations Officer at De L'Europe Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2019

Dear 974claras,

First of all we would like to thank you for your recent stay at De L’Europe Amsterdam and mostly for reporting your observations to us. We consider your feedback as the most valuable tool to evaluate our services and improve ourselves where needed.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback, and we will share your comments with our team. We are certain that your feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to De L’Europe Amsterdam in the near future.

Frederik Rast
Guest Relations Officer

Reviewed August 13, 2019

We also booked our July stay through American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts. Our experience was very positive and seems very different from another recent review. Overall satisfaction was excellent. I would highly recommend this hotel to a friend or colleague. In my view there is no better location. This hotel looks and feels like a traditional European hotel from the doorman, to the front desk, to the house staff. We visit New York twice a year for the theater and have traveled and lived in Europe, this hotel reminds me of the hotels from 40 years ago but with all the modern amenities. My motivation for writing this review was not only the exceptional property but the outstanding concierge service, above and beyond the best! TSanders MD

Date of stay: July 2019
1  Thank Sanders5
FrederikRast, Guest Relations Officer at De L'Europe Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2019

Dear Sanders5,